Challenge Met- A New tool surfaces- Photos

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Challenge Met- A New tool surfaces- Photos
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Sunday, April 22, 2018 - 08:18 pm:

This weekend presented a challenge of making new Quick Bolts. They are used in engine rebuilding and were originally supplied by KR Wilson. The best part of this weekend project was my grandson, age 13, who was introduced to the engine lathe for the first time. Shy at first but he proved to be a quick learner and had a big smile when we finished.

Quick BoltsQuick BoltsQuick BoltsQuick Bolts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, April 22, 2018 - 09:23 pm:

Jack, very nice job. I have a set of the quick bolts, they are worth their weight in gold when setting up the crankshaft mains ... Great to here the grandson has interest. They are the future of the hobby ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Monday, April 23, 2018 - 08:55 am:

They look good. I have never rebuilt an engine. Curiosity, how do you use them???? any photos>

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Monday, April 23, 2018 - 09:47 am:

Are you going to produce them to be available for us "hobbyists" ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Monday, April 23, 2018 - 04:07 pm:

Jason: They are used in place of the regular nut and bolt that hold the bearing caps. Often the caps have to be removed and installed several times when fitting Babbitt bearings. These are designed to be quickly be installed or removed. Once the bearings are fitted the original main bearing bolts are installed.

Steve: The thought did cross my mind to make some if there is interest.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration