Old Photo-Family favorite car

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photo-Family favorite car
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, April 23, 2018 - 08:43 am:

Usually when there is a family photo like this the car is in the background, Not so with this one, the car is the center of focus. It seem that the photographer has his priorities confused, unless he really liked the car!

What type of car is it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Monday, April 23, 2018 - 09:07 am:

Must be a trip to the lake cabin. Fella on the right has the boat paddle. He definitely made the garage door high enough to drive in with the top up.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Monday, April 23, 2018 - 10:06 am:

looks like a 1911-'12 EMF

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, April 23, 2018 - 10:37 am:

My best guess is a 1910 Buick Model 19. I am open to EMF or other ideas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Monday, April 23, 2018 - 10:49 am:

I think you are right Richard- those two autos are very similar!

I was looking at the line on the back door above the handle, the radiator shape, placement of the headlights and the flare to the rear fenders as they come out of the wheel radius- identical on both models.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Monday, April 23, 2018 - 10:53 am:

Ah, but the side lights are identical to the Buicks....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, April 23, 2018 - 11:05 am:

I wouldn't bet money either way or be surprised if others find a dozen cars that look similar. The hubs and door line in your photo look more like Herb's picture. As for sidelights there were probably different options.
All I can do is guess and enjoy the photos.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, April 23, 2018 - 11:13 am:

Case in point, doesn't this 1910 Chalmers-Detroit Model K '30' Touring Car on the Bonhams site look the same except the radiator? The rear window matches.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration