Oil Can Value

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Oil Can Value
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Monday, April 23, 2018 - 11:30 am:

Sure it's been covered before but I came across a Ford oil can at the Columbus Flea Market yesterday and was wondering about it's valve. Paid $6.00 for it and was another sterling case of the seller not knowing what it was. In a field of about 20 oil cans I spotted it. So dirty you couldn't see the Ford in script. Has a block letter E on the opposite side of the container. Cleaned up fairly well & no holes. About 3 3/8" in diameter and 6" high.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, April 23, 2018 - 11:47 am:

That's pretty good, but I beat you at Hershey last October: $2. I tried not to look too surprised and delighted as I turned over the dough. The situation you describe, where they don't know what they have, is wonderful, but doesn't happen often. Prices I see on these cans are usually from $15 to $40. Shortly before I bought that two dollar can I passed on one priced at $60.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, April 23, 2018 - 11:48 am:

You got a good buy. Keep in mind, there are over a dozen different designs of oil cans, for many different years way into the thirties.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Cicciarelli on Monday, April 23, 2018 - 12:03 pm:

Anyone care to share some photos with some descriptions of dates for the cans? I'd love to learn a bit more about them and what to look for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, April 23, 2018 - 04:07 pm:

Some earlier posts on Ford oil cans

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/697269.html?1480712996

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/126431.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Monday, April 23, 2018 - 04:13 pm:

One just sold on T-Bay for $102.50 It had a 1908 patent date on it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration