What should I inspect?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: What should I inspect?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Monday, April 23, 2018 - 03:33 pm:

This is one of those cases where if you're not smart you better be lucky but long story short last night I had a runaway VW bus go barreling into my garage, only to be stopped by my T, my dune buggy project, and the back wall. The quick damage assessment shows the starting crank may be bent a little, as well as one headlight lense broken and one tail light lense. I didn't get too deep into checking, figuring it would be best to sleep on it so I could have the clarity of a new day.

Is there anything else I should be looking closely at for damage?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Monday, April 23, 2018 - 03:52 pm:

In 1 of those bug vans,the driver was the first 1 on the scene for sure!I hope your T and projects are not to badly damaged.
If the crank is bent,it might be wise to check the front of the pan and engine mount.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Humble Northern Michigan on Monday, April 23, 2018 - 04:02 pm:

Radiator for damage and leaks, hood to firewall and hood to radiator fit. Check back of car for damage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, April 23, 2018 - 04:07 pm:

Pan, wishbone, radiator, fenders, front suspension and steering.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration