27 Horn Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 27 Horn Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Annaian - Moultonborough NH on Tuesday, April 24, 2018 - 03:50 pm:

Hello,

Finally in the process of repainting my T chassis, and am starting to paint the horn. I noticed with the back cover off, there are the two copper wires on either side soldered to terminals, one appears to have broken and be twisted together. These ARE supposed to be soldered, correct? I'm going to solder it again if so. It looks obvious that they are but just want to confirm...

Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Wednesday, April 25, 2018 - 07:55 am:

Bump, I'm no horn expert, but it looks as if it should be soldered. Otherwise there is no good connection.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Annaian - Moultonborough NH on Wednesday, April 25, 2018 - 08:54 am:

Thanks, just wanted to make sure, although now I see how obvious it is, haha. I'm going to remove all of the old solder on both connections, it's really dirty and corroded and resolder. Is there really any other maintenance these need besides a cleaning?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Doris, AZ on Wednesday, April 25, 2018 - 11:48 am:

Check the diaphragm for holes. New diaphragms in stainless can be ordered from the vendors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Annaian - Moultonborough NH on Wednesday, April 25, 2018 - 12:08 pm:

Are any holes acceptable? I think there's one very very very small one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Doris, AZ on Wednesday, April 25, 2018 - 12:38 pm:

If the rest of the diaphragm is sound and it goes AWWWWWK! assuming it is a “Battery Horn”, I suppose you are fine for now.

My batt. horn had a small drain hole on the lower part of the funnel piece. Make sure it is clear and on the bottom.

(Message edited by AzBob on April 25, 2018)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Annaian - Moultonborough NH on Wednesday, April 25, 2018 - 12:54 pm:

Hmm... Don't remember seeing a drain hole. I'm not home and can't check at the moment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Doris, AZ on Wednesday, April 25, 2018 - 02:16 pm:

John, Correction, it is my Klaxon that has the drain hole not the Ford battery horn.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Annaian - Moultonborough NH on Wednesday, April 25, 2018 - 04:35 pm:

Thanks for letting me know! :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration