ATTENTION Early Ford (1908) Literature Collectors

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: ATTENTION Early Ford (1908) Literature Collectors
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Tuesday, April 24, 2018 - 04:19 pm:

I will Guarantee You Don't have this in Your Collection of 1908 Literature!

Post Marked Sept 28,1908 Dated Day AFTER 1st Car was Built and 2 days BEFORE it was Shipped was a Postcard sent out Soliciting Prospects for Model T Dealerships

Full Color(LARGE)Postcard Measures 9 5/8" x 5"and Features a 2-Lever

A SMALLER Postcard was Located in the Ford Archives by Tim O'Callaghan Long Time Ford Employee and Historian & Author of Books on Ford who Later worked in the Research Dept. of the Henry Ford

To see a Picture of the SMALLER Postcard see Model T Times Jan-Feb 2007 Page 30

We paid $400 for this Years ago and that is what for it---Don Watson

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Tuesday, April 24, 2018 - 04:42 pm:

Don,

You might want to post this in the Classified section if you're selling it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Tuesday, April 24, 2018 - 05:54 pm:

Don
I will buy it from you to donate it to the Bruce McCalley Library and Research Center in Richmond, Indiana.
Or you could donate it and save me $400? :-)
Please email me at modeltcoilsatwindstreamdotnet.
Ron Patterson

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Tuesday, April 24, 2018 - 06:23 pm:

SOLD to Ron pending Funds

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Tuesday, April 24, 2018 - 06:31 pm:

SOLD
Thank you MTFCA

Ron -This is Probably a One of a Kind Item so glad its Going to the Bruce McCalley library I had just about decided to Not sell it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Tuesday, April 24, 2018 - 06:38 pm:

Thought you guys would like to see this item.
Absolutely beautiful and will be a very nice contribution to the Bruce McCalley Library and Research Center at Richmond, Indiana.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, April 24, 2018 - 07:06 pm:

And for all you do we shout Thank You!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hughes, Raymond, NE on Tuesday, April 24, 2018 - 07:07 pm:

A big thank you, Ron, for your generosity. This will be a great addition to the library.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, April 24, 2018 - 07:28 pm:

WONDERFUL! In so many ways.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Tuesday, April 24, 2018 - 07:30 pm:

Thanks Ron, that's a nice thing to do and a very nice piece of literature! I see that it's mailed from Ford Motor Company but from Troy, NY.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Tuesday, April 24, 2018 - 08:03 pm:

Kim
I wondered about that too.
Notice it is addressed in pencil. Manlius is not far from Troy, NY.
Perhaps these postcards were distributed/mailed from the regional dealership network who would have had a better sense of viable prospects??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, April 24, 2018 - 08:33 pm:

That has to be one of the few examples that has survived after over a 100 years!
That ought to be put in a double sided glass or plexi glass frame of some kind to preserve it. Continued touching it with bare hands isn't good for old paper. I have some post cards from the turn of the century that My Grandmother left the family and some have begun to deteoriate from to much handling over the years.
Not meaning to offend anyone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, April 24, 2018 - 09:56 pm:

Thank you, Ron, for this wonderful donation to the Bruce Mcalley Library.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Tuesday, April 24, 2018 - 10:00 pm:

John
Excellent suggestion.
Several of the original document contributions I made to help establish the Bruce McCalley Library and Research Center were encapsulated in UV protective glass to prevent further deterioration. I will do the same with this 110 year old post card.
Ron Patterson

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Cicciarelli on Tuesday, April 24, 2018 - 10:45 pm:

Ron,
That is very generous of you. Thank you for that and thank you for sharing the images here as well. That is a very nice piece of history there!

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, April 24, 2018 - 11:26 pm:

Ron,
Very generous of you! Thanks for sharing, and for giving.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Friday, April 27, 2018 - 06:40 pm:

Did Every one Notice the Wires coming through the BOTTOM of the COIL BOX
-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Coco - Winchester Va. on Friday, April 27, 2018 - 08:42 pm:

Well, let's all remember that this is not a photo of a car, but an artist's misconception...so I'm not sure one can use it as a detail guideline...what a great piece, and great generosity by Ron...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Friday, April 27, 2018 - 08:56 pm:

Not until now Don. Kind of cool tho eh?
Ron, thank you for what you do. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Burg on Friday, April 27, 2018 - 09:17 pm:

Thank you Ron.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Emering on Friday, April 27, 2018 - 09:23 pm:

What a wonderful act of generosity!
Thank you for making this item available to all interested Model T lovers.

Gene

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration