Good oil flow

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Good oil flow
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Wednesday, April 25, 2018 - 08:29 pm:

Im getting my T ready for a big drive this coming Saturday. Checked everything out and thought Id just just the oil flow. So I removed the cover and thought, Maybe I better just do it on the starter first. Glad I did. I couldn't imagine the mess if I had tried to start her. Oh, Going to drive A1A south as far as I can before I feel I need to turn around and come home. If anyone wants to come with me your more than welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdMreF-AAeM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Wednesday, April 25, 2018 - 09:09 pm:

Sounds like fun.

Maybe in a week or so, I'll take mine out for its first drive of the year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Wednesday, April 25, 2018 - 11:23 pm:

Wow! That was just on the starter!
Hehehe! We STARTED the buddy's 25 TT one time kinda like your video. Idling? No problem. Then we blipped the throttle and we had oil coming out of the cover and it was all over the place...
A good exercise and a happy reminder how much oil is tossed around in the transmission. :-)
Still trying to figure out what song was playing on your radio. :-)
You have a nasty good starter. That was fast.
A couple of weeks for me, then maybe I can take a couple of mine out. :-)
Great video Will!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Thursday, April 26, 2018 - 07:10 am:

Ducy, That is a 12 volt Larry Becker starter. Bought two of them back when Larry was still with us.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration