OT - Ford Exiting The Car Business (mostly)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: OT - Ford Exiting The Car Business (mostly)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Thursday, April 26, 2018 - 08:29 am:

“Ford, backing up its promise to double-down on trucks and SUVs, is killing the Fiesta subcompact, Fusion midsize sedan, C-Max van and Taurus large sedan, it announced Wednesday.

It will go forward with only two cars in its lineup: the Mustang and a new hatchback called the Focus Active. The Ford Active as a beefy small vehicle that will have a higher profile like an SUV, but still be considered a car.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2018/04/25/ford-kill-fusion-taurus-and -fiesta-cars/552148002/

Hopefully all of these “long term growth, cost cutting measures” will result in a lower price for a new F150! Otherwise I’ll be driving the one I have now for another 200k miles!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Thursday, April 26, 2018 - 08:53 am:

I’m with you Dan. A new F-150 with a V8 was priced at $41 K the other day by a local Ford dealer. So my 2001 F 250 will have to work for another decade. A 2018 three quarter ton Diesel engine was priced as unobtanium. My first house in ‘78 was $28 K.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration