Holley G carburetor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Holley G carburetor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, April 26, 2018 - 09:03 am:

A friend is looking for a brass Holley G carburetor for his 1914 T. Should it have the circular brass two holed knurled disc on the srary needle for adjusting the mixture? Should it have a brass fuel bowl? Should the fuel bowl drain tap be the one sided brass tap or the two sided brass thread with the steel rod through it? I have a brass body, but need to know what goes with it.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, April 26, 2018 - 09:35 am:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/529106.html?1427869206

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/533836.html?1429235726

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, April 26, 2018 - 09:39 am:

The #6040 1914 is all brass, and has "Pat. Pending" marking on the cover. The drain plug should be brass.

Here is a 1915 Holley G, with steel bowl, but brass drain plug is illustrated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, April 26, 2018 - 10:22 am:

Some G carbs have a flange at the choke end, and some don't. I've seen both kinds in both bronze and cast iron, and both kinds with starter car choke levers and non-starter car choke levers. Just as many Model T's have become parts salads over the decades, I think this is also true of Holley G carburetors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Thursday, April 26, 2018 - 04:46 pm:

There are at least 5 different mixing chamber covers. The top right one is also the same in cast iron.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, April 26, 2018 - 09:08 pm:

So, it looks like I need a disc type spray needle, a brass fuel bowl and the drain tap with the steel rod passing through.

The brass fuel bowl will be tough to find probably.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, April 26, 2018 - 09:27 pm:

Yes, and most of them are cracked.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Friday, April 27, 2018 - 05:57 pm:

Allen, they are out there. I found the right one for my 14 with a solid brass bowl at Hershey two years ago for $50.00

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Friday, April 27, 2018 - 06:25 pm:

I have had luck silver soldering splits in brass bowls. You just have to be careful with the heat and use real silver solder to fill the crack. If everything is real clean it holds well and once you buff it with a coarse buffing compound you can't see the repair.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration