FJ - time to go back to school for some folks ...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: FJ - time to go back to school for some folks ...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, April 26, 2018 - 09:27 pm:

It never ceases to amaze - the folks who must have fallen asleep in Geography Class - that must be why ....

When I post availability to haul a small vehicle from Ft. Myers & Clearwater, FL to Danbury, CT - I get contacted by someone
wanting a 1972 Suburban hauled from Gulfport, Mississippi to Virginia Beach, Virginia because it is “ along the way “ .....

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Friday, April 27, 2018 - 07:36 am:

Hey Jim,

Since you're going to Danbury CT how about stopping over at Barrow, Alaska and picking up some Salmon and Cod so we can have dinner....after all both states are up North! :-):-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Friday, April 27, 2018 - 08:41 am:

Sure Denny ...

I’ll book a Cargo Transport Plane ... :-)

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, April 27, 2018 - 08:49 am:

Most Americans couldn't find a map of the world on a globe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Friday, April 27, 2018 - 09:58 am:

When Folks Say ....

“ On The Way “ = Hundreds of miles off my route

“ Just A Few Parts “ = At least one other car in pieces

“ A Few Miles Off The Interstate “ = Several hours on a twisty road

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Flowers - Apple Valley, CA on Friday, April 27, 2018 - 02:22 pm:

A few years ago I was fixing a "Club Wed" computer in a department store in California. I was just booting up the computer when a gal walked up and wanted to use it. The first thing that was displayed was a map of the US so you could touch the state you wanted. She looked at it for a minute with a puzzled look on her face. Then she asked me, "where's California?"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Friday, April 27, 2018 - 03:23 pm:

Doesn't surprise me. Lots of folks I know couldn't read a map to save their lives. I even know a couple who travel the same road repeatedly, but can not drive it and find their way without using the GPS unit. Now with onboard navigation you don't need to consult a map at all. Plug in the destination and let it tell you where to go. Takes all the fun and mystery out of travel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Saturday, April 28, 2018 - 02:04 pm:

Kevin, Reminds me of the Miranda Lambert song "Automatic"

FJ, So just a bit out of your way, Is that Roadster Picup still sitting in Naples, Ca.?

Safe Travels

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Wightman on Saturday, April 28, 2018 - 02:31 pm:

Since you are apparently asking, I am not real big on insulting people who call me and offer me work.

What happened to customer service?

Too bad some people in the service industry feel the need to abuse potential customers trying to offer them business. Maybe they need to look closer to home to find the cause of their own frustrations.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Saturday, April 28, 2018 - 03:28 pm:

Clearwater, Florida to Virginia Beach, Virginia = 845 miles.

Clearwater, Florida to Gulfport, Mississippi to Virginia Beach, Virginia = 1575 miles.

According to the Math - Gulfport, Mississippi is not “ along the way “ .....

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Saturday, April 28, 2018 - 03:30 pm:

Gene,

Dropped off yesterday in Ft. Meyers .....

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Saturday, April 28, 2018 - 07:03 pm:

Well shoot,

A few of our local club members sure wanted to get a look see at a local car that was about to leave the area.

I'll let them know it's already Gone....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dana A. Crosby in Glendale, Az on Saturday, April 28, 2018 - 10:11 pm:

Well Steve Jelf, that's because the earth is flat, not round.. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 04:41 am:

Dana,

I grew up near 12th Street & Glendale Ave.

My Dad had his last furniture store on 51st Ave & Glendale Ave

I like both your profile image & your motto ..... :-)

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Monday, April 30, 2018 - 12:02 pm:

Jim I think you missed one
Walking distance = 50 miles

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration