Info for rear end tag

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Info for rear end tag
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Hoffer on Saturday, April 28, 2018 - 07:20 am:

I was thinking about putting a stamped tag on my Rux rebuild for a future owner's information. What should the tag say? Maybe

RBLT 05/18
BRNZ THRUST

Anything else? Your thoughts?

Cheers, Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Saturday, April 28, 2018 - 07:24 am:

I thought about the same thing. Rebuilt mine 3 years ago and just left the tag blank, but I like your idea. Wonder if Glen Chaffin wants to weigh in on this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, April 28, 2018 - 09:02 am:

Here is the tag I use on mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Bamford, Edmonton AB on Saturday, April 28, 2018 - 09:08 am:

Attached with the bottom bolt joining the axle housings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, April 28, 2018 - 09:57 am:

Tag with date and type of thrust washer goes on all my rebuilds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, April 28, 2018 - 10:46 am:

I don't have a problem remembering what I did!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Saturday, April 28, 2018 - 01:33 pm:

Hi Larry,

It is indeed a blessing to have an accurate and long term memory.

I do believe that the central intention of this thread is to gather suggestions for informational tags to place on rear axles for the benefit of FUTURE owners of our cars. Just a guess, Bill

Me, most days, guessing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, April 28, 2018 - 01:48 pm:

Recently there was an Ebay ad for a genuine 26-27 Model T Ford rear axle identification tag, It strangely looked exactly like the tags used on Ford manual transmissions and rear axles at least since 1957, both 8" and 9" ring gears. Some of the info on the tag read RUG which I have seen on a post 57 manual transmission or rear axle. So I doubt its authenticity, plus I didn't know Ford used such a tag on T's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthonie Boer --- Klaaswaal NL on Saturday, April 28, 2018 - 02:47 pm:

I use old coil points .
1060M
1061M
Toon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Saturday, April 28, 2018 - 06:57 pm:

That's quite creative Toon !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Saturday, April 28, 2018 - 06:57 pm:

Sorry - Anthonie !!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration