Radiator goo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Radiator goo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil Stults on Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 11:02 am:

So is the cotton material floating at the top of my radiator supposed to be there?
Was it early day leak stop?

Iím fishing it out.
Got a good handful out.

I did hear water boiling after my first drive the other day

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 11:07 am:

More than likely if the car has been stored at any time without a radiator cap it would be a mouse house. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 11:14 am:

It might be prudent to remove the radiator and flush it and the block. Esp if you are getting that much. Hearing the radiator boil or gurgle after shut down can be normal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil Stults on Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 11:33 am:

Ok the. I will clean it out.

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 11:57 am:

Gurgle yes, boil no.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ3nkPm87X0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSLn4KeT3do

If you go through all that and still have boiling it's time for a new radiator. I get mine from Bergs.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration