Jay Leno's Garage Tomorrow

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Jay Leno's Garage Tomorrow
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 06:15 am:

I got an email from our Model T club's chapter relations man, and he informs me that two of our club's Model T's will be featured on Jay Leno's garage this Thursday at 10:00 pm on CNBC. Apparently Jay's mechanic contacted our club to see if they could "borrow" two Model T's for an upcoming episode in which Jay and Tim Allen race them down Woodward Avenue! Jay is the owner of a beautiful Model T roadster so knows how to drive one but he had to teach Tim how to drive one for this episode. Tune in Thursday to see the outcome! By the way, the story behind one of the T's used (Steve Shotwell's 1916 Roadster Pick Up) is an amazing one that was featured in a past issue of the Model T Times and is well worth reading!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 07:35 am:

That is just the coolest!

Can't wait to see it.

I'm a big fan of Jay Leno's because of the way he appreciates all kinds of old cars and actually drives them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 08:38 am:

Why doesnt Jay drive his own "T"??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 11:33 am:

He does. More than most of his other cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 12:26 pm:

Dosen't Jay have a closed car, coupe? If that is the case could be he wanted open cars for the shot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Crane on Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 12:34 pm:

Jay's cars are in Calli. This was done in Motown..On Woodward....He used local cars as part of a day long meeting with Tim the Toolman Taylor, a local guy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 12:55 pm:

Saw the race on FB two days ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul G in Central Florida on Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 01:41 pm:

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2018/05/01/jay-and-time-allen-race-down-one-of-detroi ts-iconic-streets-in-a-classic-car.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul G in Central Florida on Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 01:46 pm:

https://www.facebook.com/jaylenosgarage/videos/1822564524442509/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 06:53 pm:

I've worked with Jay many years ago just as he was starting on "The Tonight Show." I didn't know at the time that he was such a car nut and I was very impressed with his knowledge of auto history. Very nice, down to earth guy.

When Tim Allen was here in the Detroit area, I auditioned with him several times. Nice guy, too.

Ah!! If only I could have made as much money!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Thursday, May 03, 2018 - 12:43 am:

Thanks for the links! I gotta go looking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Friday, May 04, 2018 - 08:24 am:

Thanks for the heads up Bill. Staying up from 9p-10p was difficult but I enjoyed the Model T s in the show last night. I think the race was rigged tho’’. When Jay was driving around in Greenfield Village, he was in one of their ‘14 repro touring- right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Crane on Friday, May 04, 2018 - 09:05 am:

Jay did a great job, He was most positive on Detroit and the auto industry.
Great variety of local subjects.
I wonder how many Corvettes will be ordered today after his Proving Ground road test?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration