Overall Windshield Dimensions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Overall Windshield Dimensions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brent in 10-uh-C on Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 02:35 pm:

Are the Dimensions of a straight 1915 - 1922 windshield the same? I am looking for a (folding) windshield to use on a Depot Hack, and I realize the hinges create a little measurement difference between them, but I am looking for a windshield that has the tallest overall height. What year should I be looking for, -or all those years the same??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 03:31 pm:

I can't give you all the frame measurements, but these glass diagrams should give you an idea of relative sizes.

I can tell you that the frames do differ between 1915 and 1922, but I don't know the frame measurements for every year. My 1915 came with a frame mismatch. The top was " shorter than the bottom. I'm currently working on installing the glass in a correct top frame.

The hinges differ too. On a 1915 windshield the top glass overlaps in front of the bottom glass a little bit. On later ones the two panes are on the same plane and have a rubber strip between them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Simmering, Afton, TN on Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 05:47 pm:

We have a 15 windshield that measures 39"wide and 23" tall. Our '14 windshield is 41 1/2" wide and 28" tall.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brent in 10-uh-C on Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 05:51 pm:

Thanks Steve, so it appears that all of the glass is the same from 15-22, and only the hinges make the difference between the frames on how they fold. Thanks again!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brent in 10-uh-C on Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 05:54 pm:

Dave, since you mentioned "we, ...is 'Miss Karen' going to sell that '15 windshield?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Simmering, Afton, TN on Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 05:57 pm:

Dave won't let me sell it as it is earmarked for a '15 roadster that is "in the works". Karen

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration