Very Fast 1909 Model T For Sale

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Very Fast 1909 Model T For Sale
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Friday, May 04, 2018 - 02:37 pm:

Here is something to look at and discuss. It's not mine and I didn't build it. It seems like I remember reading about someone making a hot rod out of a 1909 Model T back in the 1960s. Maybe this is it.

https://classiccars.com/listings/view/1072135/1909-ford-model-t-for-sale-in-coro na-california-92880

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Friday, May 04, 2018 - 02:47 pm:

Fun for some, not for all . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Friday, May 04, 2018 - 03:03 pm:

How would that top hold together at 60 mph?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Friday, May 04, 2018 - 03:11 pm:

I wonder how much of it is real 1909.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, May 04, 2018 - 04:22 pm:

George,

I'm certainly no expert on early T's, but I wouldn't be surprised if the answer to your question is zero.

Rich is right. Fun for some......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Friday, May 04, 2018 - 04:49 pm:

Very typical of the "Show Rod" style of hot rods built in the 1970s and 1980s, particularly in California. The hotrod shows during this period were full of cars like this. A car like this would be a stand out as it wasn't your typical T bucket. It is built from fabricated parts and early reproduction parts. There used to be a lot of this style hot rod running around back then at such events like the LA Roadster Show, Early Times show, RG Canning's hot rod shows, etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett, Spalding United Kingdom on Friday, May 04, 2018 - 05:50 pm:

What a mess. If you going to have a hot rod, you could at least put a really big V8 in. Even in England the rodders don't mess about with 2 litre motors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Friday, May 04, 2018 - 06:17 pm:

Itíd be fun to drive around in for about a half an hour.
I had a dune buggy once. Half an hour and it was up for sale.
I would be em bare assed to be seen in that red thing that was made to resemble a T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Friday, May 04, 2018 - 07:29 pm:

I know exactly what I'd do with it...if I could verify the 1909 parts....

1) Sell the verifiable 1909 parts at a premium to stock Model T guys.

2) Sell the rest of the Model T parts to stock Model T guys for whatever prices they would fetch.

3) Clean up the bare chassis, get rid of the ridiculous wheels, then find a black era runabout body that needed some patching. Clean it up, install it on the chassis with a flathead Ford and swap meet wide-5 wheels and hubcaps and skinny bias ply tires.

4) Sell the 50's style roadster for what I initially paid for the car.

Everyone wins....and (if it is in fact, made up of 1909 parts) the 1909 parts get put back on an early car and a cool roadster gets created in the process.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, May 04, 2018 - 07:58 pm:

Wasnít there a Swedish or German artist that crushed a restored 1909 touring years back as an art exhibit?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, May 05, 2018 - 12:06 am:

Since its in Corona, maybe the Chaffins can shed some light on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Saturday, May 05, 2018 - 12:22 am:

That car used to be in a dealership's museum in Corona until they demolished the building a few years ago to expand the 91 freeway. They sold off the collection at that time. That car participated in the 100th anniversary event for the Corona rad races. It's a built up Hot Rod with replica parts. May be a few real Model T items mixed in. It has been discussed before on the Forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Saturday, May 05, 2018 - 01:45 am:

That is particularly hideous. I'd rather walk!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, May 05, 2018 - 02:59 am:

I was keeping quiet, but I agree with Kim--YEEEECH!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Saturday, May 05, 2018 - 04:50 am:

Do you guys have laws against false advertising in the US?
1909 my hat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Saturday, May 05, 2018 - 08:54 am:

It would be more satisfyingly weird if it were a mother-in-law roadster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, May 05, 2018 - 10:05 am:

Or you could have this one for a mere 125,000!
https://journal.classiccars.com/2018/04/01/resurrected-1927-model-t-racer/
Wonder about the head, it's not 28 Chevrolet, but there is an adapter plate under it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Saturday, May 05, 2018 - 10:09 am:

Yikes, Iím going to have to go into business making original-with-no-original-parts racing Tís!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Hood -Long Beach, California on Saturday, May 05, 2018 - 02:23 pm:

Everyone rest at ease! If that is the car that I think it is, there were two nearly identical cars built back in the 1970's using NO original 1909 parts. Everything is reproduction, handmade, or street rod parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, May 05, 2018 - 09:18 pm:

What-EVER floats ones boat.

Adrian W, I am glad to see you posting again! I am sad to say that most people in this country are no longer smart enough to even understand what "truth in advertising" is supposed to mean. Most people don't have a clue what is a historic piece? And what is a piece of bull er stuff as Mack C said a few days ago.
Model T people in general, and most people on this forum are exceptions to that state of the nation.

I had heard of, and a few years ago personally saw, a CLAIMED 1926 (if I recall the exact year claimed correctly) Buick Indianapolis racing car. It was bragged about, claimed as the real thing, and mostly original. It probably had a standard issue Buick frame and rear end from a mid '20s Buick. The body, and the seats, were among the worst garbage I have ever seen used on any speedster (and I have seen some really BAD speedsters!). The seats were clearly post WWII, I have no idea from what. The car in no way looked anything like a professional racing car from the '20s. The engine? Was a post WWII Buick straight eight.
I only talked to the fellow for a minute. But I also heard him talking with other people and bragging about the car. I suspect he may have actually believed he had something good. He was trying to sell it for $25,000.
Very sad.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration