1909-10 Metzger Windshield

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 1909-10 Metzger Windshield
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 05:10 pm:

I am researching the possibility of finding and installing a Metzger Automatic or Rands Windshield on my 09 Touring. Anyone have any experience in doing this and what issues did you find?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, May 07, 2018 - 04:00 am:

Another interesting question. At least to me, I like the early Ts.
I can't help with the answers you are looking for. But I can kick this back to the top.
I look forward to hopefully seeing some good answers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan Long Western Australia on Monday, May 07, 2018 - 05:17 am:

I have a Rands on my late 1910 as well as a Metzger as a spare. The Rands was obviously considered an upgrade from the troublesome earlier Metzger or a cheaper option that prompted the change by Ford?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Monday, May 07, 2018 - 07:43 am:

what does the build sheet say??? charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Monday, May 07, 2018 - 10:24 am:

Build sheet indicated no windshield from the factory. No doubt many were installed by the dealers afterwards if the customer wanted it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Monday, May 07, 2018 - 11:16 am:

At what time did Ford make tops, windshields and acetylene headlights standard equipment, and not extras?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Monday, May 07, 2018 - 11:03 pm:

Thomas, according to the Ford Times, as mentioned in McCalley's book, Gas Lamps, top, windshield and speedometer became standard equipment on October 1, 1909, the 1910 Model year.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration