Mark Your Calendars, Model T Swap Meeting Coming

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Mark Your Calendars, Model T Swap Meeting Coming
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 11:27 pm:

The Denver Model T club is having a Model T Swap meet on June 9th at the Adams Co. Fair Grounds. If you are tired of walking for ever and seeing nothing but V-8 parts and chrome at the currant meets, this is you chance to support a swap meet with earlier parts. If the meet goes well Denver plans to have an early meet every year. Entry to buyers will be free. Vender spaces are $10,00, There will be a booth with food and drinks.
For more up to date information call Brian Golden303-680-3727

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 12:19 am:

I learned today that it looks like a pretty good load of TT parts including lots of TT Ruckstell parts and several complete TT Ruckstells. That vender will also have some auxiliary TT transmissions, including at least one aluminum Warford. Lots of TT running boards. Lots of TT wheels and Rims. The Owner of these parts specialized in rebuilding TTs so most all the parts will be TT parts. The owner recently died and the family would like to turn the parts so I am betting the prices will be very fair. If you are into TTs don't miss this special chance to load of on a lot of Parts. There is still one nicely restored TT and another partially restored TT. I don't know if they plan to sell them also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 12:21 am:

I learned today that it looks like a pretty good load of TT parts including lots of TT Ruckstell parts and several complete TT Ruckstells. That vender will also have some auxiliary TT transmissions, including at least one aluminum Warford. Lots of TT running boards. Lots of TT wheels and Rims. The Owner of these parts specialized in rebuilding TTs so most all the parts will be TT parts. The owner recently died and the family would like to turn the parts so I am betting the prices will be very fair. If you are into TTs don't miss this special chance to load of on a lot of Parts. There is still one nicely restored TT and another partially restored TT. I don't know if they plan to sell them also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 11:56 pm:

I had a phone call a little while ago that another person is planning on bringing another load of surplus T parts to the Denver Swap Meet. It sounds like good things will happen. It sure would be nice to have at least one swap meet with early parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Friday, May 11, 2018 - 11:39 pm:

I also will be there with a LARGE load of Model T Part in a pickup and trailer. This should be the first Swap Meet in many years in Colorado that has a significant amount of T and other early car parts. If you name it I or someone will bring it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Saturday, May 12, 2018 - 10:48 pm:

The classified section has some others listed as bringing early parts including Gene French and his babbit tools. I just talked with Brian Golden and he tells me that he has been getting calls from others that they will be bringing early parts. I will be bringing some NH carbs, starters, generators, Good rear axle shafts, Lots of very good sand blasted transmission drums, other trani parts, lots of crank shafts, stack of good usable rear axle ring gears, running boards, front and back radius rods, Kansas License plates, Ammeters, splash aprons, front axles, Blocks, transmission pedals, Hogs heads, Gas tanks, detachable transmission bands, battery holders, many bearings some new in their boxes, a huge bunch of various brackets, various brake shoes, many coil boxes, oil pans, brass spot lights. cam shafts, steering wheels, Universal joints, 30 x 3 1/2 wheel rims, 450 x 21 split rims,many other items too numerous to mention.
If you need something let me know and I will bring it.
\image[shop}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Tuesday, May 15, 2018 - 11:43 am:

Dave:
I spoke with Brian Golden yesterday and reserved a space for the swapmeet ...it sounds like there will be some interesting cars and parts at the meet... I will have my linebore units and bearing molds , re-babbitted ball caps and some mid to late teens blocks , a non-starter flywheel/transmission unit and several T distributors...will also bring some Dodge Brothers items for good measure ...am looking forward to the swapmeet and visiting with many of the regional members that we see infrequently ...see you there ...always an optimist Gene French

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Wednesday, May 16, 2018 - 09:30 am:

Dave:
had our Northern Colorado T club meeting last night ...several members are bringing trailers full of T parts and several others are attending the meet ...looks like this is going to be a good swapmeet ...see you there ...always an optimist...gene french

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Wednesday, May 16, 2018 - 10:19 am:

Gene, Thanks for the information. I have heard for many years that someone should put on an early meet in Colorado. The Horseless carriage club talked about it but no one wanted to help so it was given up. This is a chance for those that would are tired of the chrome meets to support an early meet in Colorado. I see more and more states waking up and doing an early meet. I plan to bring twice as many parts as I listed above. A few of the parts will be brand new hub caps, timers, radiator shells, large supply of lugs, Hand cranks, splash aprons ( a couple NOS), sediment bowls, some 26 touring doors, TT jacks, front motor mounts, Trani Disks all years, Brass Horn, water pumps, and much more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, May 16, 2018 - 12:47 pm:

i am glad you guys are trying. but i am old i wont load and drive that far for a one day meet,to bad. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Wednesday, May 16, 2018 - 01:28 pm:

Charley:
there is a LOT of interest here in Colorado for this type of swapmeet and the regional T clubs are very active ...I have heard from several "older" members that are dragging out items for this meet , Chickasha and Hershey are too far... a 1 day meet this year , but who can guess ...maybe a weekend meet in the future ...regarding being old ...we are all getting older ...BUT I do not and will not act my age ...was told that as a child ...it didn't seem like a good idea then and is not now ...will enjoy this event and post some pictures after ...always an optimist...gene french

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Thursday, May 17, 2018 - 12:05 am:

Charley, Sorry to hear you are not coming to the SWAP MEET. I would like to talk to you about me rewooding a 1921 Center Door that I bought that had been in a fire and now needs all new wood. One time you mentioned rewooding 4 Center doors. I have rewooded a lot of Ts, but never a center door. I have owned four Center doors and all but the one had good wood. I might ask you to do some of the Posts.

parts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Thursday, May 17, 2018 - 11:42 pm:

I had another a person at the shop today from Kansas that said he plans to bring some parts. For a firs year start up swap meet it looks like it will be successful. Come and sell or buy or both and get this meet on line.
parts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Saturday, May 19, 2018 - 12:39 am:

Bump

parts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Saturday, May 19, 2018 - 01:26 pm:

Bump;

picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Saturday, May 19, 2018 - 02:00 pm:

I will have some 26 doors at the swap meet.

26 doors

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Saturday, May 19, 2018 - 11:29 pm:

More at the swap meet;

[parts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sullivan on Saturday, May 19, 2018 - 11:48 pm:

Hope to see you June 9. don't seem like there are any T parts on the North Left coast. Dave in Bellingham, WA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Sunday, May 20, 2018 - 12:30 pm:

Come on down to Longbranch Dave !

I have "tonnage" ! Maybe not quite as much as Dave but I did before I retired & re-located to Longbranch. I took tons to scrap - couldn't give it away !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Sunday, May 20, 2018 - 10:06 pm:

Steve I know what you mean about having stuff no one wants. I used to have an iron monger come by ever 6 weeks but some reason he has not been by for about a year and my iron pile just keeps getting bigger and looking worse. I may have to start hauling it away my self and I just don't have the time to do that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Sunday, May 20, 2018 - 10:35 pm:

I am sure I will still have some tool boxes for the swap meet.

tool boxes{

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 12:11 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Tuesday, June 05, 2018 - 08:50 pm:

Dave:
talked with several guys from our Poudre valley Region of the AACA today ...they had not heard of this swapmeet don't know if the old car council has promoted it either ? anyway ...from the AACA group there will be several attending as shoppers ...hope they buy ...always an optimist...gene french

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Wednesday, June 06, 2018 - 12:29 am:

Gene, I am very frustrated over the handling of this swap meet. I have tried to notify every one that I can about the swap meet but I didn't even know about the meet until it was too late to get it posted in a lot of places. The committee didn't even notify the National of either the MTFCA or the MTFCI so they could publish it in their magazines. At first they didn't even want to put it in the Denver Post. he local horseless Carriage club didn't know about it until I notified them and almost all of them have Ts. I notified all the AACA clubs that I could find including some in the surrounding states. A good example of how many people don't know about the meet is I called the absolute biggest dealer in antique car parts in Colorado and never misses any thing didn't know about the meet. I think I notified enough Venders that the will be a good supply of parts but what about buyers if they don't know about the meet. I hope I am dead wrong about the number of buyers that will be there. do hope that we can get a pre war swap meet established.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration