Santa Clara Valley 2018 Endurance Run & Lowland Tour

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Santa Clara Valley 2018 Endurance Run & Lowland Tour
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob meneely on Monday, May 07, 2018 - 09:26 am:

Santa Clara Valley Endurance Run and Lowland Tour for 2018 returns to the Hollister Area again this year, June 16 and 17. This is country touring at its best, count the red-lights on one hand. Intertwining routes for the speedsters and lowland cars. Santa Clara's stringent entry rules have again been relaxed for this event to admit cars that might not otherwise qualify because of aftermarket accessories or parts that were not available in 1927. See the club website (http://www.scvmtfc.org) for entry information and the general rules. Call or email if you have questions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Williams, Hillsboro Oregon on Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 04:14 pm:

I am trying to make plans to attend with my car the 2019 SCVMTFC endurance run. It will be there 50th.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Williams, Hillsboro Oregon on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 01:13 pm:

Car entry count?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 03:32 pm:

When I was child I used to read about the Civil War veterans meetings where the members from both sides shook hands and ate good food. Somehow they don't hold meetings any more ?

civil war reunion

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 07:56 pm:

I know of 6 for sure

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan Jorgensen on Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 12:34 pm:

Here are some videos and photos of last years fun:

https://youtu.be/3qr_EVBwI78

https://youtu.be/bSAEwiC3EuA

https://goo.gl/photos/Ra2e2BdvZ6Zyh5GD9

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Williams, Hillsboro Oregon on Saturday, June 16, 2018 - 10:48 pm:

About 25 cars it looks like

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, June 16, 2018 - 11:17 pm:

(SIGH!) Maybe next year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Williams, Hillsboro Oregon on Sunday, June 17, 2018 - 01:39 am:

Yeah Wayne my thoughts exactly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan Jorgensen on Monday, June 18, 2018 - 08:04 pm:

A quick video from yesterdays event. A longer video to follows.

https://youtu.be/riPrPMMVH8U

Get ready for the 50th annual event next year!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 01:11 am:

Ivan did a great job as usual capturing this years endurance run.
The cars and a little detail in order are:

1) Car # 121, Mr Buffalo himself, Kevin Pharis and his navigator wife Alicia. Flathead Sherman head powered.

2. Car #5 driven by Frank Barella and his navigator granddaughter. (Frank was awarded "oldest driver" at a spry 80 years young.)Rajo Model C powered.

3 Car # 418 Matt Ryan with his girlfriend Maya as navigator.
Rajo powered.

4)Car #45 Driven by Dani Mceachern with her navigator dad(me). (She even let me drive a few times.) Flathead Sherman head powered.

5)Car #37 Driven by Rich Moniz with his girlfriend Cathi as navigator. (I believe this was Rich's 43rd consecutive Endurance run). Fronty head powered

6) Car #9 Driven by Mike Batteate. Mike has been an Endurance run particiapant since the 70's.

7)Car #11 Driven by Peder Jorgensen with his wonderful wife Maria as navigator. B Rajo powered.

I'm sure all of us are wondering why we bothered to wash and/or polish our cars prior to this event- cleaning the dirt/dust off the cars after Ivan's drone created a giant dust cloud for us to drive through will certainly be remembered until next years event!! thanks Ivan.

My hat is off to the SCVMTFC for putting on a great event and to Tiffany Ford in Hollister for their generosity.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 08:46 am:

So, did you guys let the Chevrolet win again this year?

Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 10:28 am:

nope- some guy from Petaluma in a grey speedster with green Pasco wire wheels won.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 10:31 am:

I'm sure that the navigator will take full credit. I'll have to call and congratulate them.

Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan Jorgensen on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 11:20 am:

The winner:

Winner

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Williams, Hillsboro Oregon on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 12:05 pm:

Dan, its Rich's 44th consecutive run.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 12:36 pm:

Congratulations to Steve & Jeanne Nelson on the win.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 12:49 pm:

Oops! the wheels are not green- chassis is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven A Gulko on Friday, June 22, 2018 - 04:32 pm:

Steve Nelson now has 2 wins. The 49th SCVMTFC Endurance run and also the Bonneville Salt Flats belly tank speed record for a Model A Engine. I think it was 221 mph and a 202 mph average.
He and his lovely wife offered their home for a break and root beer floats on the last day of the Rohnert Park National Tour earlier this month.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 12:33 am:

At Steve and Jeanne's after most all the root beer float fans returned to the hotel for the evening:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan Jorgensen on Thursday, July 12, 2018 - 03:50 pm:

I have finally put together my footage of the endurance run from a couple weeks back. Here is the video of the event:

https://youtu.be/VmCeAW9GXw4

I also have a little longer "extended version" with some additional footage:
https://youtu.be/_0fMkyl6v9g

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Thursday, July 12, 2018 - 05:12 pm:

Thank you, Ivan.

As usual, your videos are great and really capture the moment of the event. The Endurance Run has certainly been one of the key events for the Model T hobby.

Although I haven't attended in at least a decade (my, how time flies) I am planning on participating in the 50th anniversary.

Thanks again for creating such a great video.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration