Spring Lube

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Spring Lube
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Davis on Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 01:49 pm:

What do most of youse use to lube your leaf springs between the leaves?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 02:00 pm:

Slip-Plate

https://www.slipplate.com/.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 02:08 pm:

I use an aerosol can of penetrating oil. -The springs get sprayed on both sides, then I climb on a running board and rock the car side to side, spray again, rock it again and figure that's good enough. -

I only lube the springs to prevent damage and would otherwise avoid it altogether because when the leaves drag against each other, it creates a shock-absorbing effect which makes the car ride smoother. -So when the car starts riding real nice, I know it's time to spritz the springs. -:-(

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration