Patina for upholstery

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Patina for upholstery
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 09:03 pm:

Today I took Lizzie up to the lateral hunting water. Stopped off at our headgate at the tee and forked out a bunch of trash that had washed down, then went up to the lateral, put in a check and turned another inch of water down our way. With Rich Eagle in mind, I had Hannah along, she's a great help with the irrigating ! And viola ! upholstery effortlessly "patina-ed" by wet sheep dog. Pretty classy, eh ?? All the neighbors buzz around on four-wheelers to do their field chores - I have Lizzie, she can do anything those noisy buzz-bombs can do, and better, she does it elegantly !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 09:10 pm:

Looks lived in Rich. If ya cant use em, why have em ? You cant get that look from a static display.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 09:20 pm:

She's washable, and it gives me a lot of satisfaction that she's useful ! ( I meant Lizzie, but of course Hannah is too, and she's great company ! )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 11:15 pm:

Most elegantly, indeed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 11:41 pm:

Yep. What Wayne said!
Ya know, Hannah's side does look pretty real. That bead and front panel on the front of the cushion is about perfect too. :-)
Mighty classy Rich!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, May 09, 2018 - 10:23 am:

Dog on it, thanks for thinking of me. I'm pleased you are enjoying the '13 that way.

I have been trying out some techniques on samples.
Flat black tractor paint and acrylic artist colors can give a better color to it. The texture is the problem. I scraped some leather shavings into the wet, brown acrylic and it gives the right effect on worn corners and spots. It has been fun playing but could look phony and not as permanent for use. I will settle for applying some mud to the arm rests and sides for now. Dust will collect it the cracks and buttons and the sun will do some fading. We want to sit in it without getting "patina" on our clothing.
Thanks
Rich E.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Friday, May 11, 2018 - 06:12 pm:

I've always said about my antique cars, phonographs, radios, etc. "use 'em, don't abuse 'em"!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration