Ford Side Curtain Roll

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Ford Side Curtain Roll
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, May 10, 2018 - 05:26 pm:

Here is a photo of an original Genuine Ford side curtain roll. Someday, I will make some of these up, and perhaps this year at Hershey, I'll find some common sense fasteners to use on these, as the current ones are not to my liking! The material is the exact material that Ford was using at the time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, May 10, 2018 - 06:04 pm:

Neat!

Interesting that it is open on both ends, unlike the enclosed bag with a flap on the end like the current offering from the vendors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Thursday, May 10, 2018 - 10:39 pm:

Larry-
I did not know they made side curtain rolls.
What year is this for? Is there a different roll for touring and a runabout?

What type of common sense fastener are you looking for?

-Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, May 11, 2018 - 12:22 am:

Keith, the old style common sense fasteners are no longer available, only the flat top ones which I dislike. As you can see the roll is open on both ends, and there appears to be enough room for the front touring car curtains.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, May 11, 2018 - 08:14 am:

Here are pictures of the roll that the vendors sell (I got mine from Langs). The longer one is for the side curtains and the shorter one holds the top boot.

Functional, but obviously not original. :-)

pic1

pic2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, May 11, 2018 - 11:16 am:

The fasteners on Marks two bags are exactly what I was talking about. Those flat top fasteners are not what they used. Fortunately, Hershey is usually loaded with the old style.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Friday, May 11, 2018 - 11:48 am:

Larry: How about a close up of the fasteners? Thanks, Dan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, May 11, 2018 - 01:16 pm:

I to would like to know what the early fasteners look like. I am not sure if ones I have are early or not.
Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, May 11, 2018 - 02:05 pm:

From an older post by Royce:

pic

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration