Leaf springs grooves

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Leaf springs grooves
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Davis on Saturday, May 12, 2018 - 02:19 pm:

When I disassembled my rear spring on a 26 coupe I noticed that the upper leaves had worn the lower leaves, I'm guessing probably less than 1/32. what would youse recommend ie: grind them smooth, replace the springs or don't do anything. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, May 12, 2018 - 03:58 pm:

Grind the upper leaf so it's a "ski tip" and smooth the top of the lower leaf, don't think you have enough wear to cause grief. You don't have to take much off the upper leaf tip, just enough so it doesn't "dig" into the leaf below it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Davis on Saturday, May 12, 2018 - 04:22 pm:

I've already done that to the upper surface.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration