How many Fordors?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: How many Fordors?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Saturday, May 12, 2018 - 09:31 pm:

I am curious how many Fordors still exist. Built from 1922-1927 if the usual 1% formula is used that’s somewhere around 4,800. I tend to think the number maybe half that but, what do I know?

Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, May 12, 2018 - 09:40 pm:

Here in San Diego county, they are quite rare. Most of our cars are Runabouts and Tourings. A few Coupes and Tudors are also in this area. Perhaps in the colder, rainier climates there are more Fordors?
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Saturday, May 12, 2018 - 09:59 pm:

Let's start counting right here: I have 1.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Saturday, May 12, 2018 - 10:11 pm:

I have one also.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Saturday, May 12, 2018 - 10:14 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Saturday, May 12, 2018 - 10:25 pm:

If there were only 4,800 Fordors in existence, one would think they would bring big money.
Friend fairly recently sold good running,original upholstery old repaint car for 4k.
Among my extended bunch, I can think of six that run and body parts by the pile.
More than twice I've stripped a ratty body off a chassis for another project.
This is the one T body that does not p*** me off to see made into a street rod.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry Lillo on Saturday, May 12, 2018 - 10:56 pm:

Our club members here in the Calgary area have five fordors. In our more northerly climate the fordors are really comfortable on those cooler spring or fall days.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Macleod on Saturday, May 12, 2018 - 11:12 pm:

I have one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Magee on Saturday, May 12, 2018 - 11:39 pm:

I have one that is pieces.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, May 12, 2018 - 11:43 pm:

I currently have one, but had another one before this the current one, and I know it is still around. Mine is only one of two registered with the Houston Space City T's Club.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 12:29 am:

Jim, Rarity doesn't always equate to sales prices. For instance, the Model A Blindback sedans (all versions) have a lower production total than the Infamous "A400" Convertible Sedan. But they don't get sold for anywhere near what the A400 sells for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 01:01 am:

David,no,rarity does not necessarily equate to price.
This is partially my point.I phrased it badly.
How often does one see a real decent Whippet Coach?
Not that often.Yet,I know where one is that needs a new home that goes begging.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Seager on Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 01:19 am:

I have 1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Hood -Long Beach, California on Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 02:04 am:

I have one in Long Beach Model T Club, and there are at least a half dozen more in LBMTC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 06:44 am:

I have one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kurt Baltrusch on Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 08:17 am:

I help a friend who has a 27 Fordor he bought in 1947, drove to High School and kept it. He said that on -30 F days it was the only car that would start as it had a Warford in it. That old Warford had some issues so we put a new Layne unit in it (direct swap). I think that is the fifth Layne unit I have installed and they are great, especially in the heavier cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 08:37 am:

I had a 25 fordor that was 95% complete that I inherited with my 24 Coupe from my Granfather. It was his parts car for the Coupe. The wood was pretty much gone. I later sold it as I was thinking the time and labor to restore it might have been to much.
Years later and knowing more about T's I now wish I had kept it. They are neat cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael R Beary on Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 09:20 am:

Wilson's Corner in Bussey, Iowa has one. Only gets out of shed every other 4th of July. We need more T drivers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 09:39 am:

Yes, more drivers indeed. One of my neighbors has a 1926 Fordor that I have seen out on the road three times in the last five years. But the driver shortage applies to all body styles. There are more than a dozen Model T's and TT's in my little county, and the only ones I ever see being driven are mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 09:39 am:

Tooo many~

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 09:43 am:

The count here so far is 23 so Dan I guess you'll have more to do this winter! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 09:44 am:

Sorry I ment DON!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Curtis Fesler on Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 09:48 am:

I have one, a 1923 Fordor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 10:05 am:

One more. Getting this one running is one of the projects waiting for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 10:07 am:

One more in Grayling Michigan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 10:29 am:

One more here in my garage in Michigan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 03:15 pm:

In our Dairyland Tin Lizzies club in S E Wisconsin, we have 6 more Fordors besides mine that I listed above. All of these 6 are either restored and being driven or are close to it.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Grabowski on Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 03:58 pm:

I have one. 1924

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike mclean pefferlaw ontario canada on Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 05:44 pm:

i have a 1926 ontario canada

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 05:55 pm:

Dear Mr. Seth...may a hummingbird mistake your left nostril for a feeder.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 06:52 pm:

I have one that is the wife's favorite to take ride in, especially to church every week (no messed up hair). Bill Sheller in Umatilla, OR also has one from our club. His is named Henry, mine is named Clara.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 06:56 pm:

I have a 24.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 07:40 pm:

Mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 07:49 pm:

There's at least one in the Tin Lizzies of Albuquerque club.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Williams, Humboldt TN on Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 08:49 pm:

I have a 1926 and I have a friend with a 1926.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 09:23 pm:

I know of four here in Tiffin that all run and tour in the summers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Wednesday, May 16, 2018 - 11:40 am:

I think there's one in the Arkansas Tin Lizzies crew.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew C. McCullough on Wednesday, May 16, 2018 - 01:02 pm:

I have a '27 in Berlin, CT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Mills_Cherry Hill NJ on Wednesday, May 16, 2018 - 02:32 pm:

Oh heck, let's just see where this one goes...

1925 Fordor here in southern NJ and there use to be 4 other ones in the area that seem to have just vaporized over the years, which means they are probably tucked away in garages and sheds here or there waiting for grandkids to decide if the T bug bites.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Azevedo on Wednesday, May 16, 2018 - 06:54 pm:

I have a 1925 Fordor that I just purchased. Original paint and upholstery, I am the third owner.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Chillingworth on Thursday, May 17, 2018 - 10:13 am:

I've got an early 1923 aluminum Fordor body w/o the cowl vent. Also have the re-wooding kit in several boxes from the Cubels. Some day... unless someone grabs it from me.

Rich C.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Thursday, May 17, 2018 - 11:02 am:

I know of one in Temecula, Ca.
Like Norm, I cannot recall one in San Diego

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Thursday, May 17, 2018 - 03:07 pm:

I have a March 1926 in Maine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money - Braidwood, IL on Friday, May 18, 2018 - 06:19 am:

One here

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Friday, May 18, 2018 - 07:30 am:

Don, It's hard to count with a hummingbird in my nose but I did the best I can cause that little bugger is making my eyes water so 52 Fordor's so far.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, May 18, 2018 - 07:44 am:

I forgot to mention that there's one about a mile from me, a 1926 that's rarely driven.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Friday, May 18, 2018 - 07:49 am:

I rode in one last night. Thanks Bruce!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By wayne thompson on Friday, May 18, 2018 - 08:04 am:

I have a 25

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Friday, May 18, 2018 - 10:34 am:

I have probably one of the nicest 1926 Fordor's in the country. Found original paint on the frame !!! When closing any of the four doors, it's a crisp click, click !!! The 88 year old guy I bought it from owned it for 55 years. "It's a dirty shame", neither any of his son's or grandson's took any interest in it, (he would have given it to them). But he definitely wanted it to go to someone that would appreciate and take good care of it !!! Well he picked the right guy cause I now own it, they just don't come any nicer than this one !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garry Potter on Saturday, May 19, 2018 - 10:47 am:

I have a fully restored 1926 Fordor, winner of many trophies including the AACA "Ford Award'. I have owned and enjoyed it for 40 years.
I will probably sell this car that has been rarely driven since being fully restored. I have too many cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McAdam on Saturday, May 19, 2018 - 03:57 pm:

I have a newly restored 25.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Saturday, May 19, 2018 - 04:08 pm:

There is a fordor here In Winnipeg it is half way to being restore and has not seen the light of day since 1966

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erick Keenan - Vineland NJ 08360 on Saturday, May 19, 2018 - 06:10 pm:

I have a 1926 that I bought in 1993 that had the interior and wood body frame burnt out. It runs and drives great, i have the wood kit and interior and hope to start work on it after my other T projects. Erick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Monday, May 21, 2018 - 07:49 pm:

This past Saturday, a friend,that owns around something like 20 running It's, went to an auction in Warsaw, Indiana.
There was a wood wheel 26-7 Fordor,pretty rough,with an earlier engine in it.
Word was,the owner wasn't going to let it go for less than $1,500.
They couldn't get a $100.00 bid to start it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Monday, May 21, 2018 - 07:50 pm:

20 T's.......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clyde Gibson on Monday, May 21, 2018 - 08:33 pm:

I have a 1926 Fordor that we drive all the time. I will pickup my grandaughter from school tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Adamo on Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 01:46 am:

I have a 1925. Two weeks ago I decided to install my new Bergs radiator and replace a fiber cam gear, but when I opened the can, all the worms came out. Now I'm in a pickle. I don't have time to fix it right, and I don't want to drive it with all my new found problems:-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 02:01 am:

Richard, just happened to be awake.
Just what species are this slimy mass of worms? Worn can bushings? What?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 02:06 am:

I have one

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 12:29 pm:

A very good friend of mine picked a Fordor up as his first T last month.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Adamo on Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 08:32 pm:

Jim, there are various species. Slop in cam gear, camshaft end play,excessive valve lash(non adjustable lifters),and the deadliest one-loose rod bearing.I'm trying to move across country by the end of summer and I just don't have the time to open the inspection cover (aka another can of worms)to check the bearings and ??? What started as simple PM, keeps getting more involved.Big surprise to any one?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 08:51 pm:

Richard, sorry to here what you found.
If it were mine,my usual statement, I would not let these minor things diddle me out of a summers T enjoyment.
I'd take the couple hours it would take to quiet down the deadliest problem.
I'd turn a deaf ear toward anything that is unlikely to leave by way of a hole.
Then,at your convenience, repair the rest to whatever standard required by the type of T driving you do

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Thursday, May 24, 2018 - 12:39 am:

Here are two Model T 4drs for sale one a restoration job for 5K in Chicago, the other a mint restoration in TN for 15K

Kmh3qm-6579300319@sale.craigslist.org
https://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/cto/6590972775.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Thursday, May 24, 2018 - 12:46 am:

The pretty one. https://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/6591342656.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, May 24, 2018 - 03:31 am:

Denny, maybe you need to super glue that hummingbird's feet to the workbench too? Oh wait, he would probably be too hard to catch. Never mind. :-) Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Thursday, May 24, 2018 - 07:08 am:

HAH!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Husted on Friday, May 25, 2018 - 05:39 am:

I have a 27 4 door that I'm working on. I need 1
quarter window upper garnish molding that holds
the rubber that the glass goes against when in the
up position. 19 and 15/16" long. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Friday, May 25, 2018 - 06:09 am:

Another 26-7 a friend is restoring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Friday, May 25, 2018 - 08:16 am:

Dave,

The hummingbird can keep my parakeet company if I glue them side by side on the bench. Or I could send him to Don so he has company while rebuilding 52 more Fordor's

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Calvin Watts on Friday, May 25, 2018 - 09:15 am:

I have a 27 Fordor. Motor currently not running due to camshaft issue.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By André Audette on Friday, May 25, 2018 - 07:48 pm:

Just got my first T Yesterday a Canadian Fordoor originally purchased in Montreal. Body is aluminum panels. second image is from the Canadian Plant production.
Canadian 1924 FordorWalkerton Manufacture Photo 1924 Fordor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 11:28 am:

Here is another.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1922-Ford-Model-T/222985849061?hash=item33eafe08e5:g:rp cAAOSwF25bAZ-8&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 11:36 am:

it probably wont sell because of that water pump...........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff V on Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 02:20 pm:

I have one, I know where there's another one in a warehouse not far from me that the owner has been meaning to sell. Just needs a wood kit, simple thing right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 07:27 am:

Dear Mr Seth, the thought of 52 Fordors....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 01:06 pm:

But wait Don there is another thread now with another Fordor listed!...It's on e-bay so you still have time to get it! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 02:07 pm:

Uuuuhhhhhhggg~

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew C. McCullough on Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 02:33 pm:

This is the '27 Fordor from Berlin, CT I mentioned above

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Loftfield on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 07:04 am:

My first Model T (56 years ago) was a 1924 Fordor. Long gone from my life, but there is a 1924 Fordor sitting in the showroom of Egolff Motors in Brevard, N.C.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 08:44 am:

Right now there are 3 Fordors on eBay, a ‘22, ‘23 & ‘25.

Cheers,
Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 11:04 am:

If this thread has you hankering for a fordor, here is a nice one that’s available. I’ll put a longer ad in the classifieds. Owned by a dear old friend that I know local to us in Norwalk, Ohio. It was mothballed about 10 years ago, but well stored and cared for. ( they drove their beloved 22 coupe everywhere, including out of state , also available ) He even had a brand new battery bought for it right before he passed. $20,000 in receipts, she is asking $9500 OBO. Contact me for more pics, and phone number contact tmorsher@icloud.com please, no PMs here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett, Spalding United Kingdom on Sunday, June 17, 2018 - 08:40 am:

I bought this 24 sight unseen, just from photos & description, from Dave Currier in 2015. Not one he did, but it had been resurrected rather than restored from a pile of match wood that had been a Fordor cut into a pickup. It was a fine job, 12v & distribulator with Z head, but the previous owner had barely driven it. I found out why on the first run, it was like a drunken squirrel! After I turned the front axle the correct way round, it was better.

But we never found it as comfortable as the Touring so sold it on. Don't know where it is now, somewhere in the UK or maybe gone to mainland Europe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Sunday, June 17, 2018 - 10:02 am:

Put me down for one and she's a "keeper"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Ensinger on Friday, June 22, 2018 - 09:13 am:

I have one in Elliotsburg Pa

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Kemmerer Medford, Or on Friday, June 22, 2018 - 07:57 pm:

I have a 23, aluminum body, never drive it as I have cars I like better

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration