Radiator neck repair

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Radiator neck repair
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Cwynar- Hell, MI on Wednesday, May 16, 2018 - 08:03 am:

Just thought I would share a fix I did for a radiator neck. The threaded portion of my radiator neck was split in 2 spots down the threads but not farther down the neck. It would not hold the cap in very well. My fix was cheap and easy and only if your looking close can you see it. I took a pipe that the inner diameter was close to the out diameter of the top of the neck and cut a 1/2 in piece and turned out the inner diameter till it fit tight over the neck and held the threads tight and painted it black. Now the cap hold tight even when I put a motometer on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RICHARD GRZEGOROWICZ on Wednesday, May 16, 2018 - 11:47 pm:

That's good old yankee enjanuity.you win the cupcake for a neat fix.was the pipe a chrome sink drain?it looks a perfect fit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Thursday, May 17, 2018 - 03:06 pm:

Give that man a cookie !!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration