Lest We Forget!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Lest We Forget!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike copperthite on Wednesday, May 16, 2018 - 09:57 pm:

As they did 100 Years ago and again this Memorial Day America and Washingtonians will honor and celebrate World Peace and the end of the Great War! As part of the procession in 1918 and again this year our 1914 Model T Pie Delivery Truck will be here to salute our Men & Women who served and serve! Please join us for the National Memorial Day Parade, Monday, May 28 @ 2 p.m. along Constitution Avenue, The District of Columbia.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Humphrey on Thursday, May 17, 2018 - 07:15 am:

Mike, I cant make your parade. But lets never forget...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Thursday, May 17, 2018 - 10:37 am:

World War I was still raging on Decoration Day, May 30, 1918.

The armistice was signed November 11, 1918, and was celebrated on that day as "Armistice Day" ending the Great War until we fought so many wars it became commemorated as Veterans' Day.

Decoration Day became an observance to honor the Civil War dead. In 1866 southern ladies decorated the graves of the fallen on both sides. In 1868 the observance gained official status. April 23 was the day observed in the south, May 30 in the north where flowers bloom later, and became the day for national observance. Eventually it became a day to remember all who have passed on.

It's great you get to participate in this parade and the national observance with your model T, a great honor ! Indeed, we should never forget the sacrifice of so many, our loved ones we have lost, and our place in history. Thanks for posting this Mike.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, May 17, 2018 - 11:11 am:

It's too bad our forum doesn't have a "Like" button.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, May 17, 2018 - 03:03 pm:

I missed the draft, graduated from High School in 1974, but my flag will be flying in honor of those that did and gave their life, mental well being or suffered loss of limbs for our country.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, May 18, 2018 - 09:09 am:

How's this Mike? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Friday, May 18, 2018 - 09:11 am:

I evaded the draft. Enlisted in the USAF.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Friday, May 18, 2018 - 09:29 am:

Discussions about the draft always make me think of my sister's college boyfriend Bob. It was 1968 or 1969. He completed his PhD in Geology and was immediately drafted into the Army.

After basic training, he was interviewed to determine where his assignment would be. The officer commented while reviewing Bob's file that he had a PhD in Geology. "Doesn't that have something to do with oil?" the officer asked? "Well, yes, it does," said Bob.

He was assigned to the motor pool in Vietnam and fortunately came home 14 months later.

Thank you to all who have served and sacrificed for us.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration