Old photo-Dough boys in parade

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old photo-Dough boys in parade
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, May 18, 2018 - 07:18 pm:

Mailed from Fremont Nebraska, August 13 1915.
My dad was two years old that day, but living in Missouri.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Friday, May 18, 2018 - 10:20 pm:

Your Left.... Your Left.... Your Left Right Left etc..
Great photo, what year car 15?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Friday, May 18, 2018 - 10:48 pm:

48 stars 13 stripes... Nice picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert L. Rogers on Saturday, May 19, 2018 - 01:50 pm:

Looks like a National Guard company. Way too early for World War One or Pershing's Punitive Expedition. Makes you wonder how many survived....

... added the R to Pershing, found this

The Pancho Villa Expedition now known officially in the United States as the Mexican Expedition, but originally referred to as the "Punitive Expedition, U.S. Army" was a military operation conducted by the United States Army against the paramilitary forces of Mexican revolutionary Francisco "Pancho" Villa from March 14 ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, May 19, 2018 - 02:17 pm:

Notice that even the crank is standing at attention! I think the car might be a 15, looks like it has brass rims on headlights and cowl lights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Saturday, May 19, 2018 - 03:08 pm:

I always wonder how many of those men came home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Saturday, May 19, 2018 - 05:39 pm:

My question is, to what extent was our military in the readiness apparent in this photo ? Just for the time-line, the U.S. Declared war on Imperial Germany on April 2, 1917. The Selective Service Act was passed later in May, 1917 to draft men to fill the ranks. What do you suppose was the status of this troop that early on ? Robert made a good guess !

My crank stands at attention too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Saturday, May 19, 2018 - 05:53 pm:

Those are some pretty big blankets those boys are packing'.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Sunday, May 20, 2018 - 08:57 am:

Those may be canvas shelter halves instead of blankets.
Great picture and may be one of a series because of the small arrow on each side of the posted photo. Are there additional groups of soldiers down the road in the background or just groups of citizens?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Sunday, May 20, 2018 - 09:58 am:

I can make out a wagon pulled by a four horse hitch, but no more troops. Hard to see !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Sunday, May 20, 2018 - 05:23 pm:

I guess one clue is that it is marked Company G number 6.
Any idea what that might lead to?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Sunday, May 20, 2018 - 05:53 pm:

Yes, Company G comes right after Company F and just before Company H :-)

I assume the #6 is the sixth photo of a series of photos

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration