For anyone interested in Model T Fire Trucks....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: For anyone interested in Model T Fire Trucks....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tod Wirth - Richfield, WI on Sunday, May 20, 2018 - 12:10 am:

This coming July 27th & 28th, the Model T Fire Truck is going to be the feature apparatus at the Frankenmuth MI Fire Muster. I already know that quite a few Model T and TT fire trucks will be there. If you have a Model T fire truck or have any interest in them, this is going to be the place to be this year. If you know of someone or a fire company that has a Model T fire truck, let them know about it.

Here is the flyer with a little more information about the event.

Disclaimer/Fine print... I have no connection to this event other than being an over eager participant.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Rodell, Sr.- Wisconsin on Sunday, May 20, 2018 - 09:30 pm:

Tod,
How do you decide which one of your unique Model T Ford fire trucks you will take to the Muster?
Maybe you could show a few photos of your fleet to keep this subject on the Forum for a while.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Sunday, May 20, 2018 - 11:01 pm:

This would be so cool to attend.
I wish I were closer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, May 21, 2018 - 11:54 am:

Check out Tod's profile picture to see two of his fire truck / chiefs cars, plus some of his other T's.

Oh, btw, all of Tod's T's look nice and run great! :-)

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tod Wirth - Richfield, WI on Thursday, May 24, 2018 - 12:58 am:

OK Jim I'll follow your lead and post a photo of each one of my Model T fire trucks, over the next couple of days, to keep this tread around a while so more of the non-daily readers (like me) get a chance to see it. Some of have jobs and work long hours, unlike some other of us. ;)

To answer your question, I am planning on taking my 1915 Ford/ALF Fire Chiefs Car to the Frankenmuth Muster.

American LaFrance (ALF) only produced 8 Chiefs Cars on the Model T chassis. 6 of the 8 were built in 1915, and two in 1917. Of the 8, only this one, and one other, are know to still exist. It is also the first Fire Chiefs Car they produced and one of the oldest ALF/Ford know to survive.

It is unrestored and is missing the chemical tank that was mounted behind the front seat. In 1939 the tank was removed along with the box and hose basket on the rear. This is also when the rear seat was added. About two years ago now, I found the correct chemical tank for it and now have most of the pieces to return it to how it was. When new it looked more like this.

This photo, I believe, is a prototype or pre-production photo since the seat is not what was used on these vehicles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Rodell, Sr.- Wisconsin on Thursday, May 24, 2018 - 10:41 pm:

Thanks, Tod
(bump)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration