Antique shop discovery

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Antique shop discovery
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Bond on Sunday, May 20, 2018 - 11:23 am:

I love looking in old boxes and this was a surprise discovery recently. It was in an antique shop in Indiana that had a lot of primatives, old country store stuff, etc. On a table with a lot of other old boxes, I opened the lid on a few hoping to find one filled with old spark plugs, but this was an equally welcome discovery. Nice part was the price-$32. It'll look good displayed in my recreated old auto parts store.
Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Sunday, May 20, 2018 - 11:45 am:

I like!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Sunday, May 20, 2018 - 02:23 pm:

Terry,

Where in Indiana is the antique store? I love collecting all kinds of early stuff from antique stores. Great find!

Cheers,
Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Sunday, May 20, 2018 - 09:06 pm:

Is that handle clutched/ratcheting?
Plus the u-joint! Thanks for showing us Terry!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Bond on Sunday, May 20, 2018 - 09:14 pm:

Yes, it ratchets. The universal joint is neat, very well constructed. Ok Willis, I'll give away my secret- it's a shop in Angola Indiana right off I69. I was in that area for the AACA Meet at Auburn. There is a really nice antique mall there also, right across I69 at the same exit for the auto auction complex. That one is quite large and really has a lot of good antique stuff in it. I enjoy antique shops and malls that are really filled with antiques and not yard-sale left-overs. I've found shops in that area to be pretty decent and have never come away empty handed. Empty wallet maybe though.
Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Sunday, May 20, 2018 - 09:14 pm:

Finding this stuff in an antique store is like the ultimate scavenger hunt. Nice find!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration