Starter Weep Hole Oil Leak

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Starter Weep Hole Oil Leak
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Monday, May 21, 2018 - 03:35 pm:

I'm sure my T does not leak more than most, but it certainly seems to be leaking more than usual. I think the major leak right now is from the weep hole under the starter. The cardboard in this picture has only been down for 10 days. Probably 150 miles of driving over 6 or so days.

Been looking for a solution. I found a post from 2011, but there is not a lot of details. http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/220932.html

Father-In Law has a lathe, but old age is catching up to him and perfection is not so much a priority anymore. I am sure I can run the lathe with him looking over my shoulder.

Any additional information regarding the fix? Any drawings on how to do the fix?

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, May 21, 2018 - 03:51 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/220932.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Monday, May 21, 2018 - 04:29 pm:

You need this handy item:

https://www.modeltford.com/item/5105SK.aspx

I have installed them on all my starters, but you will need an adjustable reamer for cutting your shaft diameter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Monday, May 21, 2018 - 09:27 pm:

I've read those repair/install instructions before but I think I see what Jason is finding.
Except for the Lang's kit, those links are dead for me.
I looked on Tony's site but didn't find anything yet.
Got derailed with a friend looking for small Cat pony motor mag timing info.
The info's out there! :-)
Hopefully Ron The Coilman will see this and fix us up. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso St Joseph, MN on Monday, May 21, 2018 - 09:41 pm:

Duey and Jason, I have all the tools here and I have rebuilt starters on the shelf as well. I am no Ron the Coilman, but I have rebuilt plenty of them. Like all Model T sub assemblies, they are simply complicated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Monday, May 21, 2018 - 11:00 pm:

Duh, just get in touch with Andy. He can fix you up! Hi Andy!
Sorry, wasn't thinking. At all... I haven't brought my front axle or more coils over yet......... I need to get in touch.
...simply complicated. Well put. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 12:49 pm:

Thanks Andy, I got your text, I'll give you a call, possibly this evening.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration