Size of nuts on ammeter

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Size of nuts on ammeter
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Benjey on Monday, May 21, 2018 - 08:39 pm:

I have an ammeter that may be 1926 vintage. It is missing one of the nuts. Lang's say that the repro ammeters use a different size nut and don't have any to fit old ones. Before I run out to a hardware store looking a nut or, worse yet, strip the threads by trying to force on a nut of the wrong size, I'd like to know what size I should ask for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Monday, May 21, 2018 - 08:58 pm:

First you will have to identify the ammeter, as Langs does have the standard nuts for a 1926 unit, as I have bought some and they work.

They are the 5016NUT Part Numbers.

The thread appears to be a #8-32 on the ammeter I have handy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Benjey on Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 11:42 am:

I tried #8-32 nuts but they seem to be too small. Attached are front and rear view photos of my ammeter. Perhaps someone will be able to identify it.

Thanks,

Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 12:20 pm:

I'm sorry I can't help on the size of the nuts needed on the ammeter. I just had to post because I was distracted by a sneeze as I was reading the thread title and thought it said, "Size of nuts on an anteater" :-):-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 01:06 pm:

The large face script ammeter posts are threaded 10-32. Have several brands, Sterling and Onan and all use the same hex nut.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 03:12 pm:

Tom, your 1926 suggestion threw us off.

Langs knew which one you had for some reason and they were correct, as usual.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Benjey on Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 07:37 pm:

I tried a 10-32 and it worked, without me stripping any threads.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration