Frontenac Head and Other Gaskets

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Frontenac Head and Other Gaskets
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Monday, May 21, 2018 - 08:45 pm:

Are other gaskets available for the Frontenac Head, besides the head to engine gasket?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 01:06 am:

Not really but the two bolt flanges on the T,R,S and the intakes on the SR heads are all SAE standard flange sizes if that helps. Most folks just make their own as needed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 06:49 am:

The problem is keeping the oil from dripping out of the top rocker box all over the engine.

Seems like there should, at least, be a gasket there.

Also, someone was selling the oil pad on top of the rocker arms a few years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 09:34 am:

If you can't find a pad make your own. It's just thick felt. Places like the Filling Station selling vintage Chevrolet parts list them.
https://www.fillingstation.com/detail/5713/Chevrolet_192628_VALVE_OILER_FELT_PAD .html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 11:11 am:

I picked up a sheet of 1/4" cork and made my own for my BB RAJO and several Fronty heads to "help" seal the rocker cover. Dremel sanding drum cleans the radius' up nicely !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 11:12 am:

Thanks for the oiling pad link Mark !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 11:18 am:

pays to travel sometimes on the dark side! LOL :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 11:54 am:

I went the 1/4" cork route too. Use RTV to hold it in place on the head and no sealer between the gasket and cover. I use a felt oil pad rather than pump oil to the rockers. The gasket and felt combo works pretty well. I oil the pad every couple hundred miles and it seems to keep things moist which is enough for my usage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Thursday, May 24, 2018 - 02:48 pm:

My wife has been buying mail order meals from Home Chef. In their packaging to keep the food cold are packets of a felt like material big enough to use under a valve cover.

So I took one and cut it to the correct size and loaded it with oil to see if it would work. It seems to hold enough oil and strong enough to hold up. So I am re purposing this material for my DO Fronty project as well as my 1928 4 cyl ChXXXolet sprint car.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration