OT--Marmon Sixteen Sedan body on Craigslist

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: OT--Marmon Sixteen Sedan body on Craigslist
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John From Oregon on Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 12:15 am:

This body needs to be in the hands of a restorer!

https://portland.craigslist.org/grg/cto/d/1932-marmon-sixteen-sedan-body/6580117 058.html

No relation to seller, just spreading the word.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 02:06 am:

There used to be a guy in Mount Shasta, CA who would take classic sedans and build open car replacement bodies--period correct, but complete reproductions. Maybe this is the remains of one of those "conversions."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 05:24 am:

What are the odds of ever finding a chassis to mate to that body?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 07:39 am:

I forwarded this to my mom, she's the treasurer of the national Marmon Club of America.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 08:40 am:

I just met a guy who can fabricate everything needed for that car or just about any early vehicle - in the same fashion and manner as back in the day that it was created.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 08:44 am:

I hope it goes to a Marmon restorer. The downside is no one might not want it. The more rarer cars and their remains often go unidentified and forgotten and just rust away. Hopefully this body can be used for parts or restored.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 11:48 am:

I just hope it doesn't get to the hands of a "rat rod" builder.......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Wednesday, May 23, 2018 - 09:06 am:

It doesn’t matter who builds what out of any car body -.as long as it sees Life Continued.

Anything is better than the Junkyard.

Unless someone has access to unlimited funds - not everything can be as it was .....

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Wednesday, May 23, 2018 - 09:18 am:

If someone is caught chopping the top he should be kicked very hard is his rearend. I have seen some good, restoreable vehicles rat-rodded. A friend of mine took a running driving '31 Huppmobile sedan and stripped the suspension and running gear, hauled it all to the scrap yard, installed a Mustang front, 10 bolt GM rear and smallblock Chevy. Then decided to sell the car. Guess what. No takers.
I realize if one has the money to buy a vehicle then they have the freedom to do as they want, but it's a shame to see what is done to some vintage vehicles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John From Oregon on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 12:13 am:

And it is back with a lower price!!!

https://portland.craigslist.org/grg/cto/d/1932-marmon-sixteen-sedan-body/6614573 926.html

No connection to seller.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration