I want to learn more about this Zenith carb

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: I want to learn more about this Zenith carb
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Wednesday, May 23, 2018 - 11:06 pm:

I picked this up at Luray and I got it all cleaned up today and got all the brass out and cleaned up. Sadly the float came unsoldered but it was full of water so it would need work regardless.
I have found HT 3 1/2 on the brass plate along with 2 2 stamped kinda crooked on it. Like it was a after thought. I have keyed it into google and nothing came up. I know the throttle shaft is missing but I am thinking I can modify 1 from another carb to work. But I would want a float and needle and seat if they are available.But I aint finding these numbers or this style of Zenith carb online.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Thursday, May 24, 2018 - 10:21 am:

TTT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Archer Hayward, CA. on Thursday, May 24, 2018 - 06:27 pm:

My 1924 Chevrolet truck has that carburetor. The down side of using it is the pot metal ventury inside that swells up and cracks the body. Mine is cracked but works okay except at idle, can never get it to idle really smooth.

Ed aka #4

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration