FJ - Living Memorial Day Appreciation Thread

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: FJ - Living Memorial Day Appreciation Thread
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Saturday, May 26, 2018 - 01:12 am:

Traditionally - Memorial Day is a time to honor those who died in the service of our country.

Thank You to those men and women who gave their lives in service.

Thank You to those men and women who returned home to their families and who have since passed on.

Thank You Dad and Uncle Len for serving in WW2.

I want to also extend a ď Thank You ď to those men and women who are serving or have served and still are with us.

Thank You Veterans !

You Give and have Given more than can ever be paid back.

Jim

(Message edited by enclosed_ford_transport on May 26, 2018)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Saturday, May 26, 2018 - 01:32 am:

You are conflating two memorials into one, which is not OK, and or appropriate in my book..especially under some special OT you have designated for yourself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Saturday, May 26, 2018 - 11:26 am:

Not taking sides but I as a Army veteran myself I dont see anything wrong with this statement. He is tanking all veterans both past and currant military members for there service. By the way, Your welcome Jim.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Saturday, May 26, 2018 - 11:27 am:

Opps, He is (Thanking not tanking) Really got to spell check.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Saturday, May 26, 2018 - 12:27 pm:

Yes John. You are correct. Last Saturday was Armed Forces Day where those currently serving in our nationís military are recognized. 11 November is Veterans Day where folks like me and Will are recognized for our time in Army chow and pay lines but Monday - Memorial Day - is extra special honoring those who have given up their tomorrows so we can enjoy our many todayís. May God richly bless them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Saturday, May 26, 2018 - 03:07 pm:

As I reread Jims post I feel John is right also, I do feel Jims heart was in the right place though even if it was misguided some. I feel its the thought that counts here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Bond on Saturday, May 26, 2018 - 03:18 pm:

As far as I'm concerned, there are not enough opportunities to honor those who gave us the freedom to do what we can do! Two of our family are in Arlington, one killed on active duty. My son and I are both retired (USN for me, USCG for him. It could have been our turn at anytime. At my retirement I expressed regret that my brother-in-law could not attend-he had given his life for his country. I then reminded everyone that's what we are here for! Fly your flag proudly and celebrate in your own way what our service members have given us.
Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Saturday, May 26, 2018 - 04:24 pm:

The month of May is ď National Military Appreciation Month ď.

It was chosen by Congress in 1999 for the general public to show their appreciation for the service members and their family for all of their hard work.

Memorial Day falls at the end of that month.

Memorial Day is the start of Summer Vacation for most families.

Not much thought is given to this date beyond that.

I regard it as an opportunity to Thank All Service Members.

If you disagree - that is your opinion.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, May 26, 2018 - 07:48 pm:

Either way you want to argue it, lets just say THANKS to all service persons, past, present, and even future, okay? Without them, we wouldn't be enjoying our freedom to bicker on this wonderful forum. And fly the flag half staff until noon on Monday. Fly it all the time if you can.
God Bless America

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, May 26, 2018 - 08:03 pm:

What the hell is wrong with you guys?

I will honor all veterans living and dead for what they have done and are doing..

On Memorial Day, I give honor and remembrance to my good friend Eugene Daly who died in VietNam for my freedom and my neighbors that serviced and are serving.
They all deserve our Respect!

Anything else is liberal bull crap.
If you canít discern the difference you need to leave the country..
Let me know when you want to leave and Iíll find people that will pay for your ticket if some other country will accept you!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration