Which rivets for 26 gas tank straps?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Which rivets for 26 gas tank straps?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Sunday, May 27, 2018 - 02:26 pm:

Hi all, Im going to be replacing the rubber pads on my gas tank straps and I see the old ones were held on with some sort of split rivets. Would they be the same rivets used for transmission band linings or something else?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, May 27, 2018 - 02:43 pm:

The brass split band ones should work fine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Sunday, May 27, 2018 - 03:04 pm:

I used the ones that are used on brake linings that are also brass. They worked fine. Split rivets would work as well.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration