Fun with words.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Fun with words.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, May 28, 2018 - 11:25 am:

Well, we made it through the cabin fever of Winter without too much name-calling or ridiculous Humor. While I wasn't doing anything constructive today I thought of these. Maybe some of you have some.

Who is the spokesman at the Wheel Shop?

If they outlaw Kevlar would they be banned bands?

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, May 28, 2018 - 01:18 pm:

Today being Memorial Day I was reminded that several that we remember on this day enjoyed Humor as much as other rights we have. This offering is in remembrance of them also.
Respectfully,
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, May 28, 2018 - 02:51 pm:

Thanks Richard!!
There are too many that will not enjoy a smile on their face while reading your post.

Remembering our Fallen Servicemembers

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Monday, May 28, 2018 - 03:17 pm:

The battery in my T was dead, so I gave it away. Free of charge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, May 28, 2018 - 03:46 pm:

Some years ago, we left the rainy Pacific Northwest for a very enjoyable vacation in Japan to visit my USAF Son and his family, stationed at that time at Yakota AFB in Tokyo. As you know, they drive on the opposite side of the road in Japan just like in other parts of the world like in the UK.

As you know, many Asians have trouble when trying to learn to speak English, and a common problem for them is trying to pronounce their R's and L's.

I told someone over there in Japan that we drive in the right lane where I live, and the reply was,....'oh, you drive in the light rain"?

I kinda' chuckled a bit and wanted to reply,...."well, yes,.....that too! In Seattle, we drive in the right lane as well as in the light rain." (:^)

I kept my thoughts to myself though, as any comment would only have served to "complicate" things for her, and I have great respect for anybody from any foreign country who makes any attempt, however successful or not, to learn to speak English.

I was kinda' comical though and has stuck in my mind as I have always enjoyed any "play on words",......whether deliberate or not! .....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Monday, May 28, 2018 - 04:55 pm:

My Lizzie gave me a free start yesterday - made me thing I may have a magneto personality . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Monday, May 28, 2018 - 06:12 pm:

Hi Harold,

Regarding the difficulty which some Asians may have with the letters R and L, this word can be challenging for them:

PROPELLOR

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 12:19 am:

Not picking on the Chinese, as we've got a wonderful adopted grand-daughter, and won't give her back....

The thread reminds me of the China-man who went to the eye doctor.
"You have cataracts"......
(Smiling) "AH, NO.... Rexus!!!"

My ophthalmologist shared that with me.:-)

"Happy T-ing!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 12:19 am:

Bill - Thanks! I'll try that one on my Japanese daughter-in-law. She's such a sweetheart, and a good sport to put up with my teasing her, but she knows how much the whole family loves her! So far, my favorite one to tease her with is,...BLACKBERRY COBBLER but now, I'll see how she does on propeller.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 12:24 am:

-Blame this one on Don Booth for sending it over.-

Almost Unbearable 'Play on Words' at a Bar in Billings...

~
A bear walks into a busy bar in Billings, Montana and sits down. He bangs on the bar with his big paw and demands a big pitcher of beer.

The bartender approaches and says, 'We don't serve beer to bears in bars in Billings '

The bear, becoming angry, demands again that he be served a beer.

The bartender tells him again, more forcefully,

'We don't serve beer to belligerent bears in bars in Billings ..'

The bear, very angry now, roars,

'If you don't serve me a beer, I'm going to eat that lady sitting at the end of the bar.'

The bartender says, 'Sorry, we don't serve beer to Belligerent, bully bears in bars in Billings'

The bear goes to the end of the bar, and, as promised, eats the woman. He comes back to his seat and again demands a beer.

The bartender states, "Sorry, but we especially don't serve beer to belligerent, bully bears in bars in Billings...who are 'on drugs.' "

The bear looks at him quizzically and says,

'I'm not on drugs.'
~
The bartender says, 'You are now....

That was a barbitchyouate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 12:30 am:

Marv - I'll add that one to my "collection! I have a similar one,......

The ophthalmologist tells the Chinaman that he has cataracts, and the Chinaman says,.....

"I no have cataracts,....I drive Rink-un".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 05:15 am:

And then there was this one. A news reporter asked a Chinese how often they hold elections.
"Evely morning before bleakfast"

Boom boom!

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Humphrey on Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 07:32 am:

I could not leave well enough alone....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 09:14 am:

Steves post reminded me about a new thread

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 09:15 am:

Not really, just stringing you guys along.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 09:16 am:

With a riposte ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrett on Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 09:56 am:

Well then, is it possible for Orientals to become disoriented?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 10:15 am:

Dallas, thanks for tying that in. It is knot just sew-sew but had me in stitches.
"There's no spool like and old spool."
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 10:32 am:

Richard, sometimes a thread feels hemed in. And sometimes it comes unraveled. The point is you have your eye on this thread and sewn neatly it seams.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 10:44 am:

Mostly I think Rich likes to needle us into making still more puns !! ; )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 11:10 am:

Pun-ish-ment is where you find it.
Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 11:29 am:

Yup !! "Pun for some, not for all. " - Jumanji

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 12:24 pm:

Another "not Asian friendly" word.....

CONTROL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Myers on Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 01:04 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 01:27 pm:

That is a favorite Dale. Glad to see it.
I remember our dear friend Sammy at the Chinese restaurant counting back change. "Thliteen" was my favorite. We have some wonderful Asian friends here.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 02:33 pm:

Anyone who has ever watched the now famous movie, "A Christmas Story" will be reminded of the very last scene in the movie where the family is having Christmas dinner in the Chinese restaurant.

"Deck the halls with bors of hory"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 02:36 pm:

"Fah-rah-rah-rah-rah,......rah-rah-rah-rah!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 02:41 pm:

Dale - Your Mr. Wong on so many levels:

More specifically, would that man be Mr. Some Ting Wong?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration