More tire issues

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: More tire issues
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Thompson Graham NC on Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 10:14 am:

i have 21 inch split rims on my car. i have replaced 2 of the tubes with 21 x 3.00 motorcycle tubes
they have metal stems. i am thinking about replacing them all with rubber stem tubes but all i can find have 5\8 dia stems i dont think they would fit. is
there any issue with the 3.00 inch motorcycle tubes?
there real thick and only 13.00

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 11:07 am:

In my opinion the 21x3.00 motorcycle tube would be stretched too thin when inflated since the Model T tire is 400/450. I'd stick with the heavy tubes from the vendors. The rubber stem may be tight, but it will go through the hole.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 11:28 am:

The metal stem might be too short. Remember is not only has to go thru the rim, but also the fellow which also supports it. You don't want to take the rim off every time you check or add air.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Thompson Graham NC on Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 11:38 am:

i use those screw on extensions i am currently running 2 of these tubes they seem to work fine.
i did wonder if they were too small i may go with the vendor tubes thanks.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration