Generator and funprojects VR question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Generator and funprojects VR question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Annaian - Moultonborough NH on Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 10:17 pm:

Bought a funprojects VR and a rebuilt generator. The generator was set to 10 amps by the seller. From reading the instructions of the VR, pretty much it should be bolt on and go since it's already set? Minimal 3 Rd brush adjustments? Of course I'll still look at the ammeter to confirm everything looks good.

It's a repro ammeter so I'm just worried it won't be the most accurate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Doris, AZ on Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 11:46 pm:

My repro ammeter indicates within 1 amp as measured on a multimeter. Close enough for setting the 3rd brush.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 05:47 am:

With the Fun Projects VR you don't need to be real concerned about getting the exact ammeter reading. I set my generator at 12 amps output using the old cutout and my dash ammeter. Installed the VR and watched it do its job on the ammeter: charges the battery, then backs down the charge to minimal levels. I would just be careful to not set the third brush so high it spikes the charge rate too high at start-up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 07:19 am:

The FP VR is a great product.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Annaian - Moultonborough NH on Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 07:26 am:

Awesome, thanks guys. Anwsers my question exactly.

Can't wait to have my speedster up and running with it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 12:14 pm:

There are very detailed instructions that come with the Fun Projects VR. I would follow them step by step. Ain't hard to do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 03:04 pm:

The FP regulator is a fine product. Be advised never to hook up the battery backwards or short circuit across the terminals of the regulator.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration