Toaster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Toaster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 12:12 pm:

I've been thinking about buying a new toaster. Can someone recommend a good brand?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 12:16 pm:

Battery or magneto?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 12:24 pm:

Me too.
I want one that won’t burn the bread.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 12:26 pm:

Is this a toaster? It came with my stove.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 12:37 pm:

Manifold cooker should work. All the venders sell them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 01:40 pm:

Could you post a link to a vendor who sells toasters, press drills, folding beds and weedeaters. I'd like to purchase from a single vendor to save on shipping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 01:41 pm:

Oh, and kiddy swings, too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 01:48 pm:

Hal Davis, You should be more careful with your comments. The original poster might be offended by those last comments.
Oh, wait a minute. You ARE the original poster.
Never mind.
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 02:10 pm:

Hal, now I understand the stupid question with out O T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 02:43 pm:

He meant to type "toadster."

It's short for T roadster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 02:54 pm:

I tallied up the total posts from Derril (7), Kessi (2) and Jon (5). Derril started the drill press thread and the kiddy swing thread, posting 3 times in each and also posted once in the weedeater thread. That's his 7 since registering. Jon started the weedeater thread, posting 4 times in it and commented once on the drill press thread. That's his 5 since registering. Kessi started the fold-up bed thread and commented once on the swing thread. That's her(?) 2 since registering.

Spammers? All the same spammer? Someone we know? Do they live less than 44 degree North Latitude at about 74 degree West Longitude?

That last part might be a stretch, but wouldn't surprise me. Not an accusation. Just a question.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 03:08 pm:

I must admit I did not check the post count of the original poster of the trimmer thread.I have little knowledge of kiddy swings as my tire swing was chunked 45 years ago.
There may be a horse's butt trying to cause trouble for the rest of us now that I look back with your perspective Hal.

But in my defense and others that meant well with what they posted, what other group of people could we trust to give HONEST opinions of things we need a little input on?
If you buy a new trimmer every 10 years, it is highly impractical to join a yard care forum,and read for 6 months before you can determine who's knowledge is viable and who's a dingbat. Then you may still get several angles to consider. Most folks here maintain a home,farm or whatever and use equipment everyday. The knowledge base here is huge.

If I were in the market say for a enclosed trailer or something, This would be the first place I would ask a question to.Folks here use them for their living and for their hobby. Their experience is priceless.
I am in need of a air operated grease gun. I have bought them from harbor freight and they are junk. When I get serious and ready to spend the money,chances are there will be a question here about it.I trust the folks here not to steer me off into the wrong field.

But yes Hal,I see your point about folks stirring the soup pot. Trying to get folks annoyed so they will agitate the moderator and cause him to have to sit around and weed the forum of what offended some one..

:-) :-), btw, while we are on off topic questions, where kin ye find 1 of them thar women folk dat can sew,clean house and cook beans and taters and looks like Heather Locklear? :-):-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 03:11 pm:

I think a "toadster" is what J. Thaddeus drove in "Wind in the Willows". The water rat would probably have disapproved of "rat rods" - anyhow, I think we all suffer from "motormania" !
(Gad ! Gotta have that !!!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 03:14 pm:

Mack, on the Internet, just send money and they will come.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 03:26 pm:

Hall, No moving parts
toast

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 03:40 pm:

NO moving parts AND will work on the manifold if you drive slow enough the bread won't fall off.

There's a mental picture for you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 04:07 pm:

All kidding aside, I am enjoying this thread! I was also getting suspicious of those other threads Hal mentioned.
And Mack C very well explained a part of the problem. The fact is that this forum does have a tremendous amount of knowledge on almost any subject one can name. I have said it before, and I will say it again. I think the OT threads (and what I call the back porch) are a major reason this forum is so very active, and knowledgeable people check in here often giving answers to serious model T questions as quickly as they often do.
That is my opinion. Thank you all.

And, by the way, no one should feel the need to apologize for giving serious answers to questions asked, even on threads that do become suspicious.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 04:16 pm:

":-) :-), btw, while we are on off topic questions, where kin ye find 1 of them thar women folk dat can sew,clean house and cook beans and taters and looks like Heather Locklear? :-):-)"

Heck, Mack, If I knew the answer to that question, do you think I'd tell you ? Or anybody else for that matter ?

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 04:41 pm:

Dean, we still loan those type of toasters out to folks that rent our summer cabins, as the electrical system isn't great, and they fit well on the two burner gas stoves in the cabins. My Dad used to explain to the customers that "it is an "Automatic Toaster:" It will automatically burn the toast if you don't watch it."
Mack, "while we are on off topic questions, where kin ye find 1 of them thar women folk dat can sew,clean house and cook beans and taters and looks like Heather Locklear? :-)"
Well, yes you can find one, but I can tell you can't afford to keep one!! That their maintenance is expensive!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 05:00 pm:

Too bad my grandfather is gone. He could probably answer any toaster questions....

https://patents.google.com/patent/US2149972?oq=lodge+william+l

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 05:25 pm:

Well never hurts to ask!:-)
If you found a set of twins you couldn't keep but 1 so keep me in mind! :-)

Maintenance,well that is why a former lottery winner was also 1 of my requirements once they get thru the first list of requirements.
I have a second list the finalist have to go thru.
I guess now you folks see why I am not on the "Bachelor" on TV! :-).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor - Kenilworth, NJ on Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 05:28 pm:

I can't believe you guys!

No one recognized Dean's recommended solution is also impervious to EMP when used with a wood fired energy source. Geesh.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Friday, June 01, 2018 - 05:50 pm:

Dick Fischer, I awready got me one a them. 'ceptin mine kin also crank the T!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 01:35 pm:

Dick L, your grand dad? That's neat!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 03:53 pm:

The best toast I have ever had was Sunbeam Bread toasted on top of a cast iron space heater.

You do one side and while the other was browning you slathered the first with real butter.

If you wanted a special treat you flipped it over again for few seconds but mom usually yelled something about having to clean up the mess.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 04:20 pm:

For the younger guys that have not seen this one;

Wanted: lady that likes antique cars and has a 4 or more car garage.
Please send picture of garage.

Now we are really drifting

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Monday, June 04, 2018 - 10:51 pm:

Hal,please check the My motometer is toast thread.There I think you will find a toaster exactly like you need about half way down the thread. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, June 05, 2018 - 02:23 am:

And, to make it easier for others to find that thread in the future, try this link:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/822076/870811.html?1528160325

Warning, this topic contains thread drift, off topic humor, and a pleasant mix of model T.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration