2018 Greenfield Village Old Car Festival Resistration

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 2018 Greenfield Village Old Car Festival Resistration
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Friday, June 01, 2018 - 11:37 am:

Registration is open for 2018. It's all on-line, and very simple. No charge until you are accepted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, June 01, 2018 - 03:11 pm:

Thanks for the reminder. It's simple but long. By the time I added the three pictures it took me an hour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Friday, June 01, 2018 - 03:25 pm:

Steve,

You must have had a bad ribbon in your typewriter and wet flash powder in your camera! :-):-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Friday, June 01, 2018 - 05:41 pm:

I'm in!!! The T and the fire engine. Looking forward to meeting/seeing forum folks. I'll be by my 1923 American LaFrance Brockway Torpedo fire engine. The T will be nearby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, June 01, 2018 - 11:41 pm:

http://www.cvent.com/events/old-car-festival-2018/event-summary-2c21b4ecfe2546d1a634eec01ea26999.aspx

I won't know if I'm in until August. I hope these will be persuasive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 06:41 am:

It's on my bucket list, maybe this is the year I get to do it.

Great pictures Steve, I like the one with the multi-colored clouds the best.

Thank you for sharing.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 09:41 am:

Steve, you're right. I won't know until August, too. Just being over-eager and optimistic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Seelman on Monday, June 04, 2018 - 07:43 am:

I'm registered as well...now wait

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Friday, June 08, 2018 - 08:58 am:

How would a person find out if this event is something to drive up there to see? I went to the link above and didn't see alot of explanation as to what would be there car wise.I have wanted to go back to the Henry Ford at least once more and if I was to make that trip around the time this event was going on it would gitten 2 birds with 1 rock.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Friday, June 08, 2018 - 09:11 am:

Mack, the number of vehicles has been hovering close to 1000 for the last few years. All are pre-1932, and must be driven. Period attire is encouraged. There's no other car event close to it. The Piquette Plant is also a short distance from Greenfield Village, and is a "must-see" place. Search youtube for videos. See you there!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, June 08, 2018 - 09:18 am:

I will put it this way Mack. If you go once, you will be hooked. I have seen nothing like it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter McIntyre on Friday, June 08, 2018 - 11:53 am:

It is the must go to show for the area. It is the cars, the camaraderie, the way everyone offers rides, the variety, the meeting with old friends. Remember it is an old show, tweaked a little every year. It got a lot of publicity last year for the wrong reasons but the outcry was partly because all the regulars hold it so dear. If the nearby hotels are full, itís not that long a drive from the airport area.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, June 08, 2018 - 02:17 pm:

Here you go, Mack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnuJlHbK6Zc&t=73s

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Saturday, June 09, 2018 - 12:10 am:

Due to all the craziness last year, I waited till things were sorted out before registering. Of course, I was accepted because I bring something else to the table. A few weeks before OCF I hurt my back and was unable to bring our car. Strange enough I could sit without any pain but walking was very painful! I love this event and my wife & I went but, I felt guilty as hell we didnít have our car there! I touched bases with some friends and really enjoyed seeing new old cars. In a decade this was the first time not having a car there. I canít help but wonder if this is how I should enjoy this event now? Though I am younger than Steve Jelf, he is in better shape than I. I was unable to find him last year though I tried!
I canít imagine driving from Kansas and back in a T for this. I hope he posts about his journey here.....
I havenít registered yet but, I know I will be there in person though!

Cheers,
Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Petoskey, MI on Saturday, June 09, 2018 - 05:25 am:

Signed up... waiting for August to know!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration