Advertising Cars (Just for fun thread)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Advertising Cars (Just for fun thread)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Instness on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 01:25 am:

I have always liked the rolling advertisements from the 1920s shaped to look like the product they were selling. I thought I would post a few and see if anyone has photos of others. If anyone has one of these cars it would be great to see pictures and hear the car's story.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Instness on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 01:26 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Instness on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 01:47 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 04:53 am:

Reminds me of a time 25+ years ago when my son was 5 or 6 and he and I were going east on I-40 and met the Oscar Meyer wiener mobile. He almost wet his pants. He had a matchbox size toy one at home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 09:24 am:

Fish anyone?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 09:29 am:

More fish

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 09:30 am:

SMILE!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 09:33 am:

The "House" body appeared on Chasing Classic Cars with Wayne Carrini. He had one and drove it in the show. I believe he said there were a few of them (5 ?) and were made as adverts for the same guy/company.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 09:54 am:

Love these! Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 10:19 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Instness on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 10:21 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 10:22 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 11:55 am:

Thirsty?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 12:05 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 12:14 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Instness on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 09:45 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Thursday, June 07, 2018 - 12:05 pm:

Need a steamer trunk?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Goddard Farmland, NJ on Thursday, June 07, 2018 - 02:55 pm:

Picture 4 ....WHY ?????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Thursday, June 07, 2018 - 02:59 pm:

If I remember correctly, The car in picture #4 was built as an ad for a building supplier who sold windows, doors, and other building materials

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Thursday, June 07, 2018 - 03:04 pm:

Here is an older one

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Thursday, June 07, 2018 - 04:02 pm:

W.H. Sawyer Lumber Company
“Everything in Lumber”

Right there on the splash aprons

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration