O.T. can anyone I.D. my balls?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: O.T. can anyone I.D. my balls?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 05:19 pm:

I bought a pair of balls at a garage sale today I thought they might go on a gate but seem to heavy any one have any idea?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 05:21 pm:

If you canít identify your balls you need a lot of help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 05:42 pm:

Your balls look very old! Your balls were cheap to. Sorry I cant Identify them. Well not real sorry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Humble Northern Michigan on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 05:50 pm:

Iron bed post tops

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 05:57 pm:

Can't help you with your balls (Not sure I would really want to). But the trigger guard looks like it might be out of one of those Austrian muskets that got imported during the Civil War.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Billy Vrana Kewaskum wi on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 06:41 pm:

Possible mufflers from a larger hit n miss,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 07:34 pm:

Probably smudge pots used by DOT for lighting hazards by the side of the road at construction sites at night.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 09:10 pm:

Check with Mr. McGinty!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itv0SoMFZ7E

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 09:17 pm:

Oh Boy ......

I am NOT going to the Dark Side on this one ....

Temptation Strong ....

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 09:21 pm:

I agree with James, smudge pot road flares

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael R Beary on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 09:30 pm:

Thank you Paul for the humor. We need more of these threads. Learn a little, laugh a little.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 10:46 pm:

Thank you all for the info! I like Billy's idea possible mufflers I never would have thought of that. Balls are very heavy formed from two pieces may have been threaded. Not cast. Funny at the same sale today I bought a set of road flares not old enough for a T but will fit my 62 Chevrolet C60. Keven thanks for the tip on the trigger guard! Never expected that! This was a good garage sale I usually only see baby clothes and boring stuff

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert L. Rogers on Sunday, June 03, 2018 - 08:54 am:

The trigger guard with the separate sling swivel was also used on such muskets as the French 1763 Charleville and the early Model 1816 Springfield/Harpers Ferry musket and even earlier US muskets. It's a cool find!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Sunday, June 03, 2018 - 11:22 am:

To the top !

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration