Steering Shaft Gear Pins

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Steering Shaft Gear Pins
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Bourgeois on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 08:26 pm:

I had to replace one of the gear pins on the steering. The replacement one that I was able to pull off an old shaft. Now the replacement seems to be really easy to slide in and out of the steering shaft triangle.
Will this be ok? or should I get an oversized set?
Here are the pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 08:59 pm:

Degrease the pin and hole thoroughly. Then assemble with Loctite. I don't remember the Loctite grade but I think it's green. Use a Loctite primer on the parts before assembly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, June 03, 2018 - 12:57 am:

I've used drill rod a bit oversized, .001 or .002 I think. They not only fit in the holes tight, they helped tighten up the play in the gears. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Sunday, June 03, 2018 - 11:16 am:

To the top !

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration