Old Photos-A Bakery truck and a pie wagon

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photos-A Bakery truck and a pie wagon
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Sunday, June 03, 2018 - 12:48 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Sunday, June 03, 2018 - 01:28 pm:

Kauffeld's is a '13 from the look of the front fender. What make are the side lamps ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Sunday, June 03, 2018 - 01:44 pm:

E&J lamps with the early 1913 style front fender in the top picture. The van in the second picture has John Brown 19 headlamps and the two-tier John Brown side lamps.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Sunday, June 03, 2018 - 01:45 pm:

Thanks Ken !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Sunday, June 03, 2018 - 01:56 pm:

Looks like the van in the top photo has a Stewart Model C and the road gear is visible but can't see the cable.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Sunday, June 03, 2018 - 04:53 pm:

Perty shiney paint job on the 1912.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Sunday, June 03, 2018 - 05:09 pm:

The two-tier Brown side lamps are 85's and should make it a 1911 if you can date it based on that. I don't believe they carried over into 1912. If they did it would be early 1912.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Sunday, June 03, 2018 - 05:39 pm:

Thanks for sharing Herb,

I just added two more items to me wish list. I wonder if I can get them from Amazon, with my prime membership they would be here on Tuesday!!!!

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen, South Texas on Sunday, June 03, 2018 - 06:18 pm:

That's what I should do with my '25 Touring when it gets put together. Some day. When I first bought it the silly title clerk labeled it a "Three Door" since "Touring" wasn't an option. I should have told her it was a convertible.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Monday, June 04, 2018 - 06:17 am:

The pie wagon in the second picture looks like an original Ford 1912(?). Notice the logo on the front of the side just above the seat. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Monday, June 04, 2018 - 03:11 pm:

The first Delivery car definitely has a non ford aftermarket body on it and the windshield setup and one piece dash make it a very late 1912 or early 1913 running gear with after-market body.

The second picture is for sure a bonafide Ford Delivery car and an early bodied one at that. It does appear to have a "knocked down" body but does not appear to have reinforced steel bracing on the front corners of the front seat riser board. Notice it has a black crank handle and 2 piece dash both of which were eventually changed by end of 1912. By end of production the underlying dash was one piece but used a windshield that had a larger lower pane of glass so that the windshield stay rods were still the same length as earlier ones since the bottom of the upper pane stayed more or less the same height as with the 2 piece dash and the "regular" windshield which had same size glass top and bottom like open topped 1912 cars.

The contrast in the bottom picture makes it almost impossible to see interior details which might prove conclusively that the car is a knock down version which would have shipped to dealership with running gear and body in subassemblies of roof, left side, right side, rear doors and seat box. This made it take up a lot less shipping space.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration