26 Touring - transmission not disengaging

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 26 Touring - transmission not disengaging
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kyle Sullens on Tuesday, June 05, 2018 - 02:19 pm:

The transmission does not disengage fully, regardless of the position of the clutch and/or hand brake lever.

I jack up the rear of the car and with the engine running, the rear wheel is always spinning. And its getting good power - I am not able to stop the wheel from spinning by hand.

When the rear is on the ground, the car always wants to go, and even with the hand brake fully engaged, the car inches forward. The starter has a hard time turning the engine, my guess is because the transmission is providing resistance.

Something is out of adjustment in the clutch. ANy ideas of where to start would be great. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, June 05, 2018 - 02:32 pm:

pic1

pic2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Duquette Grand Forks, ND on Wednesday, June 06, 2018 - 08:30 am:

Also a great article in modeltfordfix.com on adjusting the Model T trans and clutch from August, 2017.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration