Grease zerk on front hub?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Grease zerk on front hub?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Dizer on Tuesday, June 05, 2018 - 05:21 pm:

I recently bought a 1927 T that has wire wheels on it. When I disassembled the front hubs from the spindles, I found that both sides have grease zerk fittings in the inside of the hub, between the back of the wheel mounting face and where the inner race presses in. It would force grease from the center of the hub out through the wheel bearings. The centers are currently full of grease to the backs of the bearings! I had never heard anyone mention fittings like these?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, June 05, 2018 - 08:35 pm:

Easy way to grease the large bearing without pulling the wire wheel, and removing the front bearing, then that wire hub to get grease there!

Have seen zerk on the outer hub to grease the outer bearing. But you could get accessory hub caps that had zerk or alemite fittings too.

Accessory caps

And shade tree version too :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration