FS: 1917 Model T Roadster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: FS: 1917 Model T Roadster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Farring on Wednesday, June 06, 2018 - 05:45 pm:

1917 Model T Roadster

Rebuilt Engine with insert rods
.030 Over Pistons
12 Volt System
New Radiator and Water Pump
Turn Signals
Good Top and Interior
Rust free Body
Runs Great

$7900
1917 Model T Roadster

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Wednesday, June 06, 2018 - 06:15 pm:

Here's a reasonably priced driver.
And anybody that looks at it and starts picking the fly shi out of the pepper needs a kick in the ass,and I'm just in the mood to give it to them,too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Wednesday, June 06, 2018 - 06:16 pm:

That's shit.And I mean it,too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Wednesday, June 06, 2018 - 06:33 pm:

Jim,

I take it someone pi**ed in your corn flakes this morning!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Wednesday, June 06, 2018 - 06:49 pm:

Dual Hasslers on the front.**Like**... By 12 V battery, can we assume electric starter? And, Jim. I won’t say a thang! about the 21” split rims! Good price. Wish it wuz closer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Prince Madras, Oregon on Wednesday, June 06, 2018 - 07:02 pm:

This car is not far from me and I just found it on Craigslist, in the pictures it shows that it has a ruckstell as well. Looks like a nice car. I don't know how to make a link to the ad but it is on the Bend, Oregon craigslist.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Wednesday, June 06, 2018 - 07:28 pm:

Yes,Denny,that and then some.
Also,a separate incident lit the fuse on my better half's feminine hygiene product.
And I'm no longer in a position where I can effectively fight back.
Back to a more pleasant subject,that looks like a good enough car that I have informed a friend that wants an early black roadster about it.
The fact that we are in Indiana may not be a deal killer.
Especially since he has a car to sell that someone wants that is about three fourths the way there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Wednesday, June 06, 2018 - 08:15 pm:

https://bend.craigslist.org/cto/d/1917-model-to-roadster/6609970634.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, June 06, 2018 - 08:51 pm:

Well, I was going to say, 'What a DEAL!" but then I notice, "Water Pump."
Oh well. . . . .
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Glowacki on Wednesday, June 06, 2018 - 09:09 pm:

Wow! What a nice roadster at a great price !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Thursday, June 07, 2018 - 09:40 am:

Recently there was a new poster looking for a T just like this. If we were still in the states it would have found a new home in our garage. Perfect driver T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, June 07, 2018 - 09:56 am:

My question is [insert rods]?? And please try to keep it civil! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Duquette Grand Forks, ND on Thursday, June 07, 2018 - 10:22 am:

Respectfully Mr. Farring, why don't you move this over to the classified section. You will get a lot more sales coverage over there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Thursday, June 07, 2018 - 12:58 pm:

It's his first post Rick D. Cut him some slack while he learns how to navigate the site. Plus he just might find a buyer via this part of the forum. Seems to be some interest.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, June 07, 2018 - 01:37 pm:

Yes, the classifieds would be a good place, but Sam may not be aware of that. There's a link at the top of the forum. Having the car here too doesn't hurt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Duquette Grand Forks, ND on Thursday, June 07, 2018 - 05:10 pm:

Point taken and slack given; best of luck on your sale Mr. Farring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, June 07, 2018 - 05:34 pm:

You can take a two lane from Bend south thru Klamath Falls into Nevada & pick up I-80 at Reno or continue south on 395 thru Nevada into California to Hwy 58 at Kramer Junction.

I have done it from Oregon to California & California to Oregon.

Nice drive from Oregon south - pain the @ss pulling a trailer from California north ....

That - is a nice Roadster ....

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Friday, June 08, 2018 - 04:25 am:

The running board looks kind of dirty....buuutt other than THAT a real nice car!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Buhler - Kelowna BC on Sunday, June 17, 2018 - 12:16 am:

I'm probably the guy Gary was referring to. I spoke with him at length about it. The car was bought a few years ago mostly as is and the motor was "gone over" by him. It has original mains, Snyder rods, ground valves, unknown trans, locked ruckstell shifter, unknown diff, the rest, a fun old car. Nice guy just wants to do something else. Being from up here, I will take a beating through every step of the deal from exchange (23+%), 12% tax here on top of exchange, and inspection fees. Still hopeful. Maybe someone will want my G.T.O. Ken B

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Sunday, June 17, 2018 - 12:34 pm:

Recently I was asked to evaluate what was listed as a “1909 Model T Town Car”.....
My inspection showed that it has a later electric starter engine, Holly NH carb, cast back axle, chassis with side hole for fire wall support etc etc. Very little, maybe nothing, was original 1909, but it was a nice car and would be welcome in my small collection. However to call it a 1909 is not really true, certainly misleading and probably a lie. Yes I know it has a 1909 Pink Slip, but surely when advertised as 1909, the majority of the parts (by weight ?) should 1909.
Am I wrong????
This Roadster is a nice car, but with an electric starter, later wheels, the majority of the weight in the car is NOT 1917. If Forum members want to nick pick the car, then I believe in their right to do so. And if some who got out of bed on the wrong side don’t like it, you too have the right to complain.
I like to learn and while I think sometimes the nick picking goes too far, I really enjoy the discussion.
That’s what this Forum is all about.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration