Single Cylinder Model t Engine - Now with Video

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Single Cylinder Model t Engine - Now with Video
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Friday, June 08, 2018 - 02:37 am:

Wayne Richards of New Zealand contacted me this week and sent me the following video of the Single Cylinder running:

https://youtu.be/vTCKgutT-Fc

Wayne made the motorcycle for the engine as it was "a bit boring" having it hooked up to a display water pump!

The end of the head and block has plates made which are screwed in place by the original engine builder. You can make out the screw heads in the picture:

(See my earlier post for more pictures)

Wayne was one of the founders of the New Zealand Model T club.

You can contact Wayne at richardpart@xtra.co.nz for more info on the bike.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Humphrey on Friday, June 08, 2018 - 07:17 am:

Thank You for the update.... Also I LOVE the SOUND.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks NY on Friday, June 08, 2018 - 07:46 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Doris, AZ on Friday, June 08, 2018 - 11:11 am:

Thatís great! Thanks for sharing. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 08:03 am:

It's weird but I like it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JIM WILSON, AMORY, MS on Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 10:24 am:

That is the neatest thing I have seen in a while. The entire bike is great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 10:48 am:

some people will go to extreme lengths to keep from throwing away any model "T" parts.... Now where can I get one?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Coyle on Saturday, June 16, 2018 - 09:43 am:

Saw this one cylinder T at the museum in Richmond. Can't remember who built it. But he fused both ends of the head and block together. Looks like the rest of head and block on the floor next to it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Kaminar on Saturday, June 16, 2018 - 04:39 pm:

Fires only on one cylinder, the rest are missing. Do you think this is a bad cam shaft, bad coils, block in intake or exhaust manifold, bad timer, fuel issue, lack of compression, broken crankshaft, or what?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Saturday, June 16, 2018 - 05:01 pm:

ok...that's the coolest thing I've seen all day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Petoskey, MI on Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 06:49 pm:

That is great... and still SOUNDS like a T!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BRENT MIZE on Friday, June 22, 2018 - 07:37 am:

The engine will be running at the swap meet in Richmond.
Russ Potter and son Jim will be running the engine. Russ recently went through the engine and it runs like a Swiss watch.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration