Patina 14 on tbay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Patina 14 on tbay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, June 09, 2018 - 09:10 pm:

Item number 232800427152

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt the Headlight Lens Guy n California on Sunday, June 10, 2018 - 01:29 am:

Nice

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Sunday, June 10, 2018 - 03:25 am:

Can't argue with that starting price! and no reserve, someone could end up with a cheap veteran T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Sunday, June 10, 2018 - 08:27 am:

Looks like most everything is there, would be a fairly smooth restoration.

Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Sunday, June 10, 2018 - 08:42 am:

Dang! I just spent all my spare cash, being in Palatka, Florida it is real close to me and Probably Dan T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, June 10, 2018 - 06:09 pm:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/232800427152?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrac k=true

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Redelman, Kouts, IN on Saturday, June 16, 2018 - 07:36 pm:

Hooray! Today was my Lucky Day! I just won the 1914!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Rodell, Jr. on Saturday, June 16, 2018 - 07:53 pm:

Can't see expired Ebay listing. What did it go for?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Saturday, June 16, 2018 - 08:13 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, June 16, 2018 - 08:50 pm:

Something going on there. Even a listing that was sold of ended you can still see it.

https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=synergyfab&ftab= AllFeedback&keyword=232800427152&searchInterval=30

I found the listing thru advance search but every time I try to see the original listing it takes me back to the 1914 steering wheel parts which has the same listing number. Please contact Ebay before you proceed. I think there is something afoot. As you can see from their feed back they have sold the same item to the same seller all with the same info. Good luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, June 16, 2018 - 09:02 pm:

Up until a month or so ago, one could view expired listings if one had a link or knew how to do a good search (and provided it was not too old). I often had links for cars or parts I was interested in even if I wasn't looking to buy, and sometimes listings that had expired two years before would still come up and let me look at the pictures.
Now? You get a blue highlighted line that says "The listing you’re looking for is no longer available. Check out this similar item we found for you." And MOST of the time, the "similar" item is NOTHING like what the expired listing was. I swear, most (not all, I know a few that are quite intelligent) computer people are clueless idiots. Just because the number "14" is somewhere in the listing, does not make it anything related or of ANY interest! (Think I am exaggerating? The first time I saw this, I was trying to see what had happened with an unrestored antique era Cadillac I was curious about, and the "similar item" they showed me was a fiberglass bodied 23 T-bucket. Well, it had four wheels? Maybe it had a Cadillac engine?)

Congratulations Steve R!!!! I hope you enjoy that wonderful car for many years. And I hope you update us with more pictures and your plans for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eido Walny, Milwaukee on Saturday, June 16, 2018 - 09:22 pm:

You can still see it. Search by item number :

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Redelman, Kouts, IN on Saturday, June 16, 2018 - 09:37 pm:

I have talked to the seller about the car and it is a real 1914. She sent me pictures of different parts of the car that I wanted to see. It has been the family for some time from what she said. I am looking forward to getting it up and running, it's too original to restore. I'll repair the rear with new thrust washers clean the engine out replace two piece valves, trans bands, replace all incorrect parts like the headlight, taillight, carbide gen, brass top coils, etc.. I'll be looking for unrestored parts after I get her home.
Wayne I'll post pictures when I start the process.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, June 16, 2018 - 10:01 pm:

Thank you Steve R. I would like to see a few more preservation quality cars out and about to be seen. I look forward to seeing more pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, June 16, 2018 - 11:27 pm:

Can see the ad but not the full listing. Must be a car for sale thing. I can look at the full listings in parts on items sold.
By the way, very cool to get it. Have fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel Indiana Truck Logansport In on Sunday, June 17, 2018 - 01:31 pm:

Steve,

Congrats on the "new" car. I was watching and wanted to bid because it is perfect and the price was right but have 4 early cars now to play with so I am glad someone from here got it and even better someone from Indiana! I hope to see this one when you get it going and maybe we could get together and do some driving or help each other out with parts. I would rather trade than sell what I have so let me know what you need when the time comes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Redelman, Kouts, IN on Sunday, June 17, 2018 - 02:20 pm:

Thanks Bob, I still can't believe that I won, did you get the pictures from her? I can't believe all the detail like brass fuel line, cotter pins in the pan bolts, splash pans and stuff like this. My wife said I got an early fathers day gift yesterday and I have to agree.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel Indiana Truck Logansport In on Sunday, June 17, 2018 - 09:10 pm:

Steve,

I did not bid and knew it would be a waste of the sellers time to ask so never saw the pictures. Maybe you could post them here for all of us to see while you wait for the car to get home. (hint hint) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Sunday, June 17, 2018 - 09:45 pm:

That looks like a fun project at a very fair price. I hope you enjoy it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, June 18, 2018 - 11:39 am:

Wash, flush, fill, lube and drive the heck out of it! Nice patina. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration