How about a report on the CO swap meet????

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: How about a report on the CO swap meet????
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Sunday, June 10, 2018 - 06:30 pm:

Can anyone tell us how it was? Thanks, Dan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Sunday, June 10, 2018 - 07:38 pm:

Dan,

We had a great vendor turnout. Lots of great people selling lots of parts. The day was clear and hot. Many of the vendors reported sales were good. Unfortunately, buyers were nearly nonexistent. Most of the sales were between vendors. Which was great for me as I don't get to Prewar meets.

Great people to talk to, new ones to meet, and a lot to look at. All in all, it was a good meet but could have been better with more buyers. I think there are a couple items we did great in: Actually getting a Prewar meet set up and the refreshments. The ladies did an outstanding job at keeping everyone fed and hydrated.

Next year, ADVERTISING will be the keyword. I hope we can do a better job as a club chapter.

Thanks for asking,
Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Sunday, June 10, 2018 - 08:06 pm:

Pictures?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Sunday, June 10, 2018 - 09:26 pm:

I too had a great time, handed out lots of business cards, answered lots of questions and spent more than I took(wrote a check). i forgot to take any pictures as my phone battery was getting low and I did not have a charger with me sat. morning. Looking forward to next year. Met a few forum members and some of the Denver club I hadn't seen in several years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Monday, June 11, 2018 - 12:29 am:

I have been going to swap meets for 35 or 40 years in Colorado and I don't remember ever seeing so many T PARTS as this meet. Just about every vender there not only had their pickup full of T Parts but also a large trailer full of T parts. I not only sold a lot of parts but bought a lot of parts. I bought a 26 motor, the large Ruckstell ball bearing, a full transmission set of drums, a box of NOS universal joints, 10 Hooley NH Carbs, A split rim jack and I pick up a Ruckstell in the morning. I bought some other goodies also but don't remember what.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Monday, June 11, 2018 - 12:33 am:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Monday, June 11, 2018 - 12:56 am:

Dan:
I took pictures but have not had time to download from camera and re-size for the forum ...will try to do that tomorrow afternoon ...the meet was pretty good for me regarding sales ...I did purchase some items for a project and did pass out a bunch of cards ...in talking with the meet organizers , they did indicate that they will do this meet again next year probably earlier in the year to avoid the heat also will be a full day , instead of 5 1/2 hours the organizers also stated that they would put more effort into promoting the swapmeet next year I am ready to support a meet for next year and offered to reserve spaces for the meet ...always an optimist ...gene french

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Monday, June 11, 2018 - 12:46 pm:

Gentlemen:
will try again to post images apparently I did not re-size one photo DAMN,DAMN,DAMN ...always an optimist...gene frenchswapmeet3swapmeet4swapmeet5swapmeet6swapmeet7swapmeet8swapmeet9swapmeet10

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Monday, June 11, 2018 - 06:48 pm:

Wonderful, thanks Gene

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Monday, June 11, 2018 - 07:27 pm:

i to dont see any buyers. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Monday, June 11, 2018 - 10:24 pm:

Charley:
non-vendor traffic was light as is true with Chickasha now and many other meets that I attend there were some good parts at this meet and with good promotion next year should be better attended by both vendor and buyer have to wait and see I did sell enough to make it worth going and I did buy some items for my projects is a 70 mile each way drive for me so distance is small always an optimist...gene french

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - 12:41 am:

I stopped by there on my way home from McPherson college and bought a fiberglass firetruck. It was pretty rough,had a coin box and used to sit on an electrically operated gearbox and bobbed and weaved when you put a quarter in. Also picked up a nice pair of driving lights and an NOS pair of speedster seat frames. I plan to be back next year if possible.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Giarratano-Arvada, CO on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - 02:58 am:

I sold way more than I did at Chickasha and didn't have to drive 11 hours! The 95 degree heat was a bit tough, but it's a dry heat! I enjoyed talking with several people that weren't in the Denver club or the national. I talked about the benefit of being in both. I always enjoy spending time with the other vendors, sharing stories and picking their brains for knowledge. I noticed at least 3 dealers that sell online at the meet. I'm looking forward to next year and seeing if we can build this into a regional, if not national meet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - 07:37 pm:

Gary:
enjoyed our conversation and I hope my info. on the "poormans Rajo " was helpful I had decent sales and was not beat after the just over 1 hour drive home I am tired just thinking about unloading parts from my trailer though especially the roadster pickup had a few hot rodders looking if the rpu had been priced at $100 they would have broken their arm reaching for their wallet opportunity missed I too am looking forward to next years meet be there or be square ...always an optimist...gene french

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 09:30 pm:

The second to the last picture that Gene Posted was a long trailer loaded with TT parts. The owner had died and a woman brought the pick up and trailer all the way from Grand Junction. This was a long tough trip. Not only did she have two TT Ruckstells but a large pile of TT Ruckstell parts. Some of the TT Ruckstell parts sold But I don't think any of the complete TT Ruckstells sold. I know some TT owners that are building TTs but were not at the meet. they sure missed a huge pile of good TT parts. Once again I will say that I never saw so many T Parts at a Colorado Swap Meet and at good prices. I learned from one of the venders that his father had died and left him many more parts at home than the large group he brought to the meet. I bought a motor from him, three 1915 rear axles and three more `1915 housings for a total of 9 1915 housings. I also bought a wilmo manifold, a round gas tank, a complete transmission with good drums, a couple of cast running board brackets, and a latter pair of running board brackets.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration